z

Young Writers Society

The Newest Drew So Far!

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:58 am
TheNewDrew says...

Hi there! I'm TheNewDrew, or just Drew if you prefer. I've come here to hone my writing skills, read some others' works, and maybe make some friends as well. But before that, I guess I'll tell you guys a bit about myself.

I've always been imaginative, and I was indeed the kid who liked to pretend he was in some sort of Gnome metropolis while I was on the jungle gym. So, natrually, I like to write fantasy. I draw my inspiration from authors like Chritopher Paolini and Patrick Carman, as well as classic adventure novels like The Count of Monte Cristo and Robin Hood. I love writing short stories about secret tunnels (like Carman :lol: ) and evil kings (when I feel particularly hateful towards big political faces).

Writing aside, I also have delved into the field of game making using RPG Makers XP and VX. I'll probably be looking here for story critique at some point or another. I'm a big fan of baseball, the Atlanta Braves my favorite team. I've thought of many a story about a baseball star that gets thrown into a different world, but that's more personal to me, so don't ask, okay?

I'll be back tomorrow to talk more, but for tonight, I'm going to turn in.

~Drew

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am
View Likes
miyaviloves says...

Hey Drew welcome to the YWS!

First off it is a rule here that for every piece of your own work that you post you must have reviewed atl;east two other pieces of work, its really easy to keep to that ratio as you will find that you are reviewing much more than posting your own work anyway :)

I would reccomend that you take a good look around the community forums as you will find a lot of info about the site there.

I look forward to reading some of your work! PM me if you ever need any help or just want to chat ;)

See you around!

Meevs
Bag.

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:47 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welome to YWS!
Christopher Paolini is one of my favorite authors too!
Make sure that you check out the Rules and Guidelines. I'm sure that I'll end up seeing your works in the Fantasy Fiction section. I visit there often. So, if you need a review or have any question sent a PM my way.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:52 am
Demeter says...

Heya, Drew!

How's it going? My name's Demeter, which isn't at all obvious, is it? I haven't written anything for a long time... :( Maybe I should start again. But I'm willing to review anything, so once you've posted something, let me know, and I'll review it for you if you like.

I'm happy because I don't have to go to school today... Yay! Double yay! Which is yay yay!

OK. I'll stop.

Just PM me if you ever need anything. See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:50 pm
Reuben A says...

HeloooooO! I would love to read your stories...Game maker eh? I tried once, it didn't work out. Anyway, WELCOME TO YWS!!!! PM me if you need anything, and you must read all the rules and guidelines. One of the basics, for every story you post, plus minus two critts.
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

Remember, a stranger once told you that the breeze here is something worth writing poems about.
— Shinji Moon