z

Young Writers Society

Greetings and Salutations to all here!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:58 pm
singer89 says...

Hello. I was lucky enough to find this site while looking far a place to get feedback on writing and to help others with theirs. Would someone mind giving me a little guidence? I write pretty much what ever pops into my brain. It's fiction or fantasy most of the time, though. Thanks!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:21 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Hi there singer89! I'd be happy to help you out. Welcome to YWS, a friendly place where you can give and get feedback on writing of all kinds. To get started, I'd suggest the "Help and Support" section, where you can find rules and all sorts of info on the site. Some of the most important rules are

1) Please review two pieces for every one you post. That way, everyone gets feedback from several different people.
2) No profanity in the forums. In a story/poem, it's okay, as long as you rate it appropriately.
3) Chatspeak is not allowed. This is a writer's site, so we try to hold ourselves to proper standards of grammar and spelling.

Well, that's it for the rules. Now, feel free to roam around the site and explore. In addition to writing and reviewing, you can explore the community forums, join a usergroup, start a blog and more! If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!

Now, HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :smt006 :smt008 :smt026 :smt024 :smt023 :smt021 :smt020 :smt031 :smt040 :smt052 :smt060 :smt059 :smt077 :smt065 :smt114 :smt113 :smt075 :smt046 :smt038 :smt027 :smt117 :smt109 :smt110 :smt082
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:58 pm
Emerson says...

Welcome to YWS! Glad to see you here. You ask for guidance, but what kind are you looking for? I'm usually a great reviewer but I have to admit school is taking up all my time. :D If you're looking for site-guidance, the rules is a good place to start, and there are a lot of awesome pages in the general welcome forum to read. Or you could just pm me and ask. ;-)

Hope you enjoy the site!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:08 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

Guidance, eh? That's what I'm here for!

Okay so first, check out the FAQ on the Welcome page. This will even help you out a lot more. Then, read the rules and guides. It's located on the Help & Support wiki on the header. Then, we have a rule that states you have to make 2 reviews for every post you have.

If you have nay questions, feel free to PM me!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:06 am
Demeter says...

Hey and welcome, singer89!

Demeter at your service. You see that "PM me!" button in the bottom of my message? Just click it, write everything you want and I'll answer something more or less random. Hopefully less. :D

Yes, you were lucky to find us. I remember when I was just googling around and noticed this weird "YWS". I was so happy. I wanted to find a place where you could post your texts and have criticism, and I succeeded. Yay!

Well, as I said, just contact me whenever you want. I'll see you!

Have fun!!!!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:47 am
rubberduck says...

Hey there!
Welcome to YWS! :)

If you ever need help with anything related to fantasy, feel free to ask me. :)
I'll help you out however I can. I write fantasy too, ya see. ^^

The people here in YWS are really great.. You can ask any one of them for help. Oh yes. A good thing to check out would be the 'Buddy System'. You can look for someone to be your buddy there.

Let me take a look...
Hmm...
May I suggest Crysi? Or Kit(kitty15 )? Ah. It's your choice. ^^
Click here for the Buddy System. :D

Well then..
Seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:39 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hi, and welcome!
If you need help you can PM me. I love Fantasy fiction, and thats alot of what I write. So I guess I will end up seeing and reviewing your work. I can;t wait. Well just contact me if you have any questions. Good luck with your writing!
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:06 pm
Reuben A says...

Well heloooo Singer89....Well, I don't really see the use to say what one, two, three....six people have already said, so just check the rules and guidelines, and you'll be fine....
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins