z

Young Writers Society

(Insert Generic "Hi!" Thread Name Here)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:08 pm
Jonny says...

:D
Hello, peoples. I'm not new per se to these forums, I was here about a year ago, but I've only recently renewed a love of writing. You can call me Jonny, before someone invents a really annoying pet name that just happens to stick. My favorite kind of writing is mostly unique stuff, like Animal Farm, Brave
New World, Lord of the Flies, you know. To spice up this post, I have decided to list 10 random things about myself.

1. My name is somehow spelled wrong, while "Lonny" is a real word.
2. I came in third at a poetry slam with a poem I wrote in five minutes.
3. I absolutely approve of Elbonia.
4. I say "hola" even though all I know of Spanish is from Dorah The Explorer.
5. I like pizza.
6. I can escape from handcuffs.
7. I begin many sentences with I
8. I invented the word "wonky"
9. I like Obama and have been known to call him "da man"
10. I sing well... in the shower

I look forward to writing and coalescing with you.

Dang, I just spelled coalescing rite!
99% of people don't read signatures
7/4ths of people make up statistics,
66 and 33/10ths% of people are bad a fractions

post446108.html#446108

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:43 pm
Bittersweet says...

Mr. Jonnymunchkins. Or perhaps Jonkers... or Jonny Von Jelly? I'm thinking about the last one. It's catchy. And annoying. And will most likely stick.

I jest, I jest! But honestly, you walked right into that one, buddy. xD

Anywhoo, I'm Holly and welcome welcome welcome! Be sure to PM me if you ever have any problems. I don't have all the answers, but I can always give you some misleading directions that sound helpful but really aren't. Just so you want to ask me more, of course. :P

-Holly

P.S. Shower singers unite! -fist bump-
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:22 pm
KissKiss08 says...

Welcome to the site. :D

We have a 2:1 policy here, meaning you must have atleast two reviews for every one story or poem that you post.

I see you have an intrest in politics, We do have a debate group. You may be interested in that.

Anyway, If you have any problems or questions PM me or any of the other greeters. :D
Yeah, Teachers are great.

Can I have an A?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:00 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Yes I like Jonny Von Jelly.

And could you also mention what exactly 'wonky' means?

Anyways, welcome back to YWS!

Ahh, I do not like Lord of the Flies. Animal Farm on the other hand is a good book.

So tell us more about yourself. Favourite writers? Favourite Genre? food? Music... like you know, what is it exactly that you like to sing in the shower? Or do you make up your own songs to sing in the shower? I tend to do the latter.

Anyways PM me if you need help and hopefully I'll give you clearer directions than Holly.

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:56 pm
Jonny says...

You mean I should actually talk about writing? That's preposterous!

Wonky means, well weird. Like, "I believe all non-Elbonians are wonky"
Or "this soup tastes wonky"

I don't really need any help with the rules, but thank you!

I've also decided to list a few actually useful things about myself, per request of the mizzes...

Dun Dun Dun!

1. My favorite book varies daily, but it's probably a toss up between Animal Farm and Lord of the Flies
2. Favorite band is Weezer, the Greatest Band That Ever Lived (variation on an inside joke). They're alternative, but I also like Classic Rock and Soft Rock
3. Currently Reading "I Am The Messenger" , which is bloody brilliant
5. Favorite genre is mainly the books that don't have a genre, which confuses even me
4. I'm an awesome math student, even though I can't properly count to five
6. I write all sorts of things
99% of people don't read signatures
7/4ths of people make up statistics,
66 and 33/10ths% of people are bad a fractions

post446108.html#446108

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:58 pm
rubberduck says...

Haha! I like you already, Jonny Von Jelly!

Well, it's a wee bit late to welcome ya... but.. who cares? Better late than never. :)
Welcome to YWS!

I read Lord of the Flies before. I think I read about half of the book before skipping to the end. I didn't really like it. It was interesting... But not really my cup of tea.
And Piggy was killed. Which made me.. well... Not exactly happy with the ending. (I kinda liked that fella. Didn't want him to die.)

Well then, J.V.J..
I'll seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:08 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Jonny!

Welcome to YWS!

Your name is spelled AWESOME. I've never seen anything spelled as "Jonny" before! Kewl.

Anyway, before I forget, here are some things for you. First, since you are a newbie and you might be wandering around the site without knowing what to actually do, I suggest that you read the FAQ. It's located on the Welcome page. Second, since you are a newbie, you might be doing things that are actually not allowed in the site but you do not know it, I suggest that you read the site's rules and guides. It's located there on the Help & Support wiki on the header.

If you have any questions/concerns about anything at all, feel free to PM me anytime!

~Casey the AWESOME.

P.S.
YWS is freakin' AWESOME and so am I. I think you might be too, if I get to know you better. And, what does the word you invented "wonky" mean? :P
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year