z

Young Writers Society

Hand-Built By Robots (For Your Satisfaction)

Reviews: 1
Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:11 pm
Floyd says...

Hey there. Instead of writing something that's amazing and is going to get me out of that "newbie veil" in say a few minutes, I'm afraid creativity has vacated my mind. Thus, I am left with the only alternative: to explain my interests, hobbies and whatever else is dull to you guys.

So, I write (seriously, you never saw that comin', didya?). I write satirical stuff, but I'm a newb to the genre, so don't expect anything amazing just yet. I'm a big gaming fan, though I try to balance gaming with social life, reading, homework and all sorts of stuff. But usually the great enemy in the West, Procrastination, rears its head (shove over Sauron, there's a new kid on the block). I'm into techno and electronic music, a big Daft Punk fan. As for location and looks... well, we'll see once I've gotten to know you guys better.

And there you have it. Oh, and by the way, I ain't a newb to writing sites, I'm already a member on a few others (on one I'm the oldest oldie there, besides the admins), so don't give me any special treatment, heheh.

Ciao!
Stop staring at my signature.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

I hope you have as much fun as you had in other writing sites. I hope you'll have MORE fun too!

Anyway, since you're a newb here in YWS, check out the FAQ. It's on the Welcome Page. Also, you have to read the site's rules and guides. It's located there on the Help and Support wiki on the header. WE have a rule that says you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. Please kindly follow this rule. And when you're done with that, try to keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:32 pm
Demeter says...

Well, hello there, Floyd!

I like your username. And signature. And I'm sorry I stared at it for a while.

Really, I feel guilty about starting sentences with "and" and "but" :( And I'm sure everyone hates it about me. (Or not.) But I can't stop. It's what I do.

I just found today that Demeter was the goddess of pigs. Charming.

Sorry, I'm just random. Ignore me.

Satirical stuff? Awesome. I'm going to like you. Hopefully we'll see your stuff soon!

PM me if you need anything, or just want to chat. I'm here. Or at least try to be, since I've been so a horrible YWSer lately, I haven't been on for ages. Anyways. I'll see you.

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:57 am
Carlito says...

Hey Floyd, welcome to YWS! :D

casey covered all the main things so yeah...not much to say there...

what's your favorite color? what's your favorite tv show? what's your favorite movie? what's your favorite kind of candy? if you could have any superpower what superpower would you have and why?

I hope you have lots of fun here and learn tons :)

If you have any questions, need anything, or just feel like chatting, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 am
RoryLegend says...

Hiya-

You know, I could tell before you said it, that you would be a satyrical type writer. I am too sometimes. I have a very dry sense of humor that sometimes only I see as funny. But I kind of like that about myself, my very cynical self haha.

So I'm going to throw some "welcome" confetti at you and get it over with.

I don't think I was ever treated like a newbie on the site, so I try not to treat others like that. I don't even know why there is this whole "newbie" thing. Like "Oh, there is a newb, let's jump it!" Honestly?

Anyways let me know if you need a review, I have a little section in the "Will review for food" forum.

I suggest that one day you just sit down and do a whole bunch of reviews and go to all the forums and check out everything. That is the best way to 1. get people to like you and 2. get to know your way around the site. Seriously everyone will love you if you review their stuff.

I notice you have kept up the 2:1 post review ration...brava.

Have a swell day and let me know if you need anything.

--Rory
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:26 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to YWS!
Just check out the Rules and you'll be fine. But if you have any questions feel free to PM me, or anyone really. So cant wait to see your writing. Good luck.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:12 pm
Reuben A says...

Awwww! Everything ha already been said....oh well, check this out, rules.php , and you're fine.
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:36 pm
niteowl says...

Newbie? You're a newbie? I love newbies! I shower them with gifts! And since you've already gotten the rules spiel, it's gift-giving time YAY! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt005 :smt032 :smt031 :smt040 :smt029 :smt027 :smt061 :smt063 :smt064 :smt077 :smt044 :smt059 :smt026 :smt043 :smt116 :smt109 :smt096 :smt024 :smt023
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden