z

Young Writers Society

N00b here!!

Reviews: 2
Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:50 pm
JanksterWriter says...

Hey everybody! I'm a n00b here (if you couldn't already tell) and... yeah.
Let me get started about myself:
-I'm a freshman in high school
-I like musical theatre, movies, and TV.
-I mostly want to be a TV show writer, but I want to write a few novels and screenplays too.
-I'm obsessed with YouTube to the point where it is not healthy.
-Cows are my favorite animal.
-RENT is one of the best things ever
And that's basically all you need to know about me.
Anybody else as weird as me?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:06 pm
Princess says...

Hia Jankster!! Welcome to YWS!!

So rule number one on this site is that for every story, poem, or song you post, you must review two other peoples work

Also, please no chat talk. It really drives everybody here crazy.

So, I am Emma, and i write poetry here.. :D

What do you write?

I cant wait to get to see more of you around the site!!! Remember, here on YWS, we're all like family and will treat as such, so dont be shy if you have any questions!

Pm me if you have any questions or if you just want to chat! :D :D :D

*Emma*
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:10 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

Don't worry, I'm a weirdo noob just like you. :D I hope you are finding YWS great so far!

Anyway, I've got some things for you. First, please read the site's rules and guides. It's located there on the help and support wiki on the header. Also read the FAQ. it'll help you out a lot.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:31 am
fun4eva says...

Hey!

Welcome to YWS!

Its always nice to see new people joining here!
So how you like it so far?? I am sure you must be enjoying a lot.

As you have already been told the rules all I can say is feel free to PM me with questions...

Your questions will be naswered here,
topic1057.html

And also, in case you're having trouble in finding reviews you can leave requests at the "review for food" forum...

Guess thats all I have to see..

Waiting to see some pieces from you...

xxx
Fun4eva!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:27 pm
rubberduck says...

Hello! ^^
Welcome to YWS! :)

Well... The two reviews per story part has been covered... So... Yeah. ^^

If you haven't already, please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section.
They may help you answer some questions you may have about the site. :)

Welcome aboard the YWS community, mate! :D
Seeya 'round!

-Max.

(Ah yes... The third point. That's something I can relate to. :) High five, dudette! Haha.)
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:50 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hi!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to YWS!!!!! The crazy fun place of writing.

Rule number one in the Rebbecca book of rules : Thy Be As Wierd As One Will

In a While crocodile :P

Rebbeccaxxxxxxxxxxxx

I feel very random today
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:03 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

I believe being weird is classified as being unique, or different. Sweetheart, you're simply a clone of 50% of my own high school.

And go Freshmen, by the way =p Anyway, welcome to YWS and I hope you have a wonderful time here. Looking at your grammar I'd say that we don't have anything to worry about with you. Of course, don't get ahead of yourself - everybody wants to write "a few novels and screenplays." If you want to be a TV writer, so get freakin' started! If you let working on those projects slow you down, you won't get anywhere. Of course, I could be rambling and you actually could be DOING just that, but, um, yeah =]

Don't take my word for it, but you seem like the kind of writer that would be posting a lot in the realistic fiction or fantasy section. But please, please don't post anything about vampires. I'm dead serious - we have enough.

Did you see that? D-did you see that? My pun? "Dead serious?" Oh, I'm good.

Anyway, let me explain the point system super-quick: See, when you post in forums that contribute to the YWS economy, or just help people (Like the one, the tips forum, reviewing..), the highest amount of points you can get is 50 points. Of course, when you post a piece of poetry or a story or a photograph or something, it'll run yah 100 points. It's a 2-for-1 deal. It prevents people from posting and posting and posting and people not getting any reviews. Nate is to thank for that :]

So, have a wonderful time at YWS and PM me if you have any questions!

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:16 am
Miss Slade says...

Hello Jankster and welcome YWS! I'm Slade and I'd be happy to tell you all about the site, even though my profile clearly says I've not been here that long, but truthfully I've been here since early February and this account is just newer than my other.

Freshman, that puts you two grade levels above me. Theatre? What kinds of plays do you do, are you in any types of drama classes or such in school? And don't worry honey, YouTube is everyone's bestfriend.

Clearly the whole 2 reviews for each post rule has been said, so I hope you enjoy the site!
You Cry, I Cry.
You Laugh, I Laugh.
You Jump Off Of A Cliff,
I Laugh... Even Harder.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:54 am
Carlito says...

Hey Jankster, welcome to YWS! :D

Everyone already said all the important stuff :'(

I'm a junior in high school :) Do you like high school so far?
I love movies and TV too...especially TV :D
One of my friend's favorite animals is the cow to! She has like a bajillion stuffed animals of them :D

If you have any questions, need anything, or just feel like chatting, feel free to PM me :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:08 pm
Demeter says...

Hey Jankster!

Welcome to YWS! I'm Demeter.

I love musical theatre too! Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Grease, Lion King = love. Andrew Lloyd Webber really rules. Haha.

I think we're all weird. Come on. We're in the YWS. If you're not weird, you're weird. See what I mean? :lol:

If I was in high school, I'd be a sophomore... I think? (I was born in 1992.) But because I'm Finnish, I go to lukio, which is basically the same as a Finnish high school. But not quite.

Cows are so sweet! Especially the white ones with brown or black blotches.

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester