z

Young Writers Society

Hi everyone!

Reviews: 2
Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:21 pm
84Moss says...

Hi im new here! Ive been lookin for a place to improve my writing and after just a few looks around decided this place was perfect.
Definantly alot of amazing writers around here.After a long writing break i recently started writing again,and day by day im getting more and more serious about it.

Im a big fan of anything that has to do with modern combat and when im not playing football or hangin out im usually reading.I also really like Jr Tolkien,but overall my favorite is Tom Clancy.I think my brothers deployments to iraq has really changed the way i write as well as everything else.

As you can guess im a huge Randy Moss fan.I love anything that has to do with the army,myself being from a family vets.

I cant wait to start writing and contributing here.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:32 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to YWS!

I know that when I started here my writing started improving. If you have any questions feel free to PM me, I'll answer them.

Cool, you're 16, so am I.

Hope you feel welcomed here. When you get some stories or poetry out, let me know. I'd love to review them.

Well, I'm sure that I'll see you around.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 am
Princess says...

Hia moss, and welcome to YWS!! Okay, the first thing to remember here is that for every piece you post, you have to critique two other peoples work. Also, please no chat talk! it drives everyone here crazy. So here on YWS, we're all like family, so dont be afraid of you want to ask a question or if you just want to chat. Dont be shy!!! I cant wait to see more posts from you!!!

Feel free to pm me if you have any questions or if you just want to chat :D :D

*Emily*
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:29 pm
Via says...

Hey 84!

Welcome to the YWS!

Glad to have you join our community! This is a great place to get some feedback on your work and help improve your writing, indeed!

Did you happen to see the Bengals epic loss yesterday? Pssh. American football is so much more predictable than the other kind ;)

So you write short fiction, poetry, or something else?

Let us know if you have any questions! Always willing to help!

Ciao,
Via
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:29 am
casey_kent says...

Welcome to YWS!

I hope you enjoy your time here as much as you enjoy football!

But before anything else, I've got a few things for you. First, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will help you out a lot in the site. Second, we have a rule which says that you have to make two reviews first before posting anything. After that, try to keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:31 am
rubberduck says...

Hey there! :)

Welcome to YWS!

Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section if you haven't already done so. :)

So.. As Via has asked, what do you write? I'd like to know. ^^
Feel free to PM me when you've posted something. I'd love to read it.

Well then...
Seeya 'round!

-Max
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!

What you need is to get busy in the adventure forum. You look like you'd be pretty serious about all the pieces you post in there, and that's the kind of writer we need on this site. And the fact that you read a lot is absoloutely fabulous. Reading is crazy beneficial to the way and style that you write.

Just a heads up on the points system - you see, when you post something on a forum that goes toward helping the other YWS-ers, it'll gain you to 50 points. On the contrary, posting a poem, photograph, short story, or any piece of work for that matter will run you 100 points. Being the incredibly clever man he is, Nate came up with this 2-for-1 system to encourage writers to review and critique other works. If you haven't noticed, on other sites you rarely see any real critiquing, and being a part of this site makes it so much easier.

There are also storybooks, which you might also like. You see, a storybook is when somebody starts a story and leaves everybody else to finish it. For example, I start one for 500 points and explain the plot, the theme, et cetera, and I start if off with a, "Jane walked into the bar and looked around, eyeing the pub-goers and their drinks. She couldn't believe she actually set foot in this dump, but after the divorce she felt as if she had no other options. Sucking up her dignity, she approached the bar maid and cleared her throat, "Could I speak with the manager? I'd like to apply for a job."

See? That starts it off with the setting, the characters, and the current situation. Of course, I have no control over who you pick or what you make them like. You could be the waitress, "Sidney gave this woman a dissaproving look. Looks like Richy McBitch had no place to go; she shot the woman a fake smile and rolled her eyes as her head was turned, heading toward the back room. She knew for a fact that Richy did not find that freakin' diamond ring in the trash. And the last thing she needed anyway was competition for a much-needed raise." You could also be the manager, but I won't get into that, as you probably already see what I mean. I tend to lose control of myself when I get into explaining storybooks ;]

So anyway, have lots of fun and enjoy your stay on YWS! PM me if you have any questions or concerns, and I'll be more than happy to help.

~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:49 am
Carlito says...

Hey Moss, welcome to YWS! :D

Everyone already said all the important stuff :(

That's really cool that you have family in the military, I hope they stay safe!

I know pretty much nothing about football. I know the very basics and that's about it so maybe I can learn something from you :)

I look forward to reading your work. If you have any questions, need anything, or just feel like chatting, feel free to PM me :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott