z

Young Writers Society

'Ello!

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:37 am
Kay says...

YAY! I'm newbie status. What fun. Anyway...I'm Kay. I'm new. I'm a creative writing major in college working towards my MFA, heard about this site, and tada! I'm here.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:23 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Kay!

Welcome to YWS!

Creative writing huh? Cool.

Before you do anything else though, don't forget to read the site's rules and the FAQ since you are new. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of you work. Please do not break this rule. Try to also keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any questions regarding the site, feel free to ask me!

Tell us more about yourself! What do you like to write?

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:03 am
Kay says...

Thanks for letting me know. Totally would have missed that memo.
Anyway, I write in many different genres. I love writing novel length works, but occassionally I throw out a short story or poem. The poems are an extreme rarity that I get excited about no matter how bad.
I seem to be stuck on sci-fi lately though. My friend recently got me hooked on Orson Scott Card books so I've been on a big sci-fi kick. Out of my norm, but I enjoy it.
That's the plan.
Rule the world.
You and me.
Any day.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:12 am
Nutty says...

Oh I love Card. My favorite one would have to be Ender's shadow, though, Bean rocks.
Anyway, welcome to YWS! If you've got any questions, feel free to send me or any of the staff (coloured usernames) a PM, I'm sure everyone will be glad to help ^^
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:14 pm
miyaviloves says...

Hey Kay, welcome to the YWS!
Dont worry you wont be a newbie for long :D

I really wanted to do a degree in creative writing but unfortunatly I fell for the media course :( still how are you liking it? What sort of things do you do on the course?

If you have any questions just leave me a message and I will be happy to help you out :D

Look forward to reading some of your stuff :)

meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

Reviews: 3
Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:46 am
View Likes
Cutechuckie says...

hihi!
im new too!

nice to be here :)

its a great site so far
;) Enjoy Life and Go GREEN :D

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm
NinjaRebel says...

Hey, welcome to YWS. I think the others covered pretty much everything so...yeah. I hope that you enjoy it here. If he have any questions or anything, just PM me. Hope that you like it here.

- Sim

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:48 pm
Blink says...

Hello there!

My name's Blink (well, not really, but you know) and I've not been here for long myself. If you have any questions, on the other hand, I'd be glad to help. Without being too patronising, you can see light green-named people as Junior Moderators, dark green-named people as Moderators, blue people as Greeters and Purple as Instructors. The last one's will be your reviewing friends, rather, stereotypically the most constructive bunch (but that shouldn't stop us!).

Anyway, nice to meet you! I'm into non/anti-clichéd fantasy and the sort. Who're your favourite writers? My have to be Tolkien and Zusak, being the only one's we haven't murdered in English Lit. classes.

See you around, eh?

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:28 am
Princess says...

Hia and Wellcoooome to YWS! i can see that you have already had a very warm welcome, so ill just get down to the basics by saying that chat talk is not allowed, so pllllease no lol, brb, ttyl, or l8r.. It drives everyone here crazy!!! Besides from that, there's not really much i can say, except that i really look forward to seeing more of your posts here on YWS, and don't be shy..We're like family on this website, so you can ask us anything, and don't worry about being the newbie.. We all started out the same way.. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cant wait to see more of you!!!!!

*Emily*
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince