z

Young Writers Society

Saying hello

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:42 pm
janey says...

I'm Jane and I'm from Ontario, Canada. I used to be a part of TYWC way (way) back in 1996, which, I suppose, makes me really old. I stopped writing for a bit and focused on music (I guess I was writing lyrics, but that's sort of different).

I just finished university so I seem to have time on my hands - thus, going back to writing and web design.

I used to really enjoy reading fantasy/sci-fi, but recently, my reading has been focused on chick-lit novels. I guess things change.

Apparently, my writing ability has not. Pity.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:18 pm
Merry_Haven says...

janey-
Hey! Hi. Ho there! Welcome to the YWS family. I hope you are most welcomed. :D
Make sure you check out the Help and Support tab. Rules to follow, staff to contact, FAQ, and much more.
Any who, how's it like in Ontario? I live in Washington {US}, but I guess that's nowhere close where you live. :wink:
Chick-lit novels. Aren't those fun? :P Which ones are you reading?
So like what genre in writing do you prefer? One particularity over another?
Besides lyrics to you write fiction? Or Poetry?
Okay, knowing that you like/love music...what genres do you absolutely love?
Enough for now...off I go. Till next time!
-Merry
~if you ever wanna chat feel free to pm me!
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:49 pm
janey says...

It's wayy too cold in Ontario right now.

Chick-lit novels... sophie kinsella/margaret wiseman, alisa valdes-rodriguez, jennifer weisner, shanna swendson, katie fforde... that kinda thing. Kind of in between books right now... just finished one by katie fforde.

I write mostly poetry, i guess. I do write some fiction/short stories, but really, I'd rather write poetry. With the fiction/short stories, i used to write a lot of fantasy, but i'm working on a chick-lit/romance type thing now.

I like alt/modern rock... think Breaking Benjamin, 3 Days Grace, Matchbook Romance, armor for sleep, Jimmy Eat World, QOTSA, etc.

I play in a top 40 covers band and an alt rock band (think evanescence, lacuna coil...). Somehow though, most of the stuff I write on my own sounds a lot more pop-oriented.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:57 pm
KissKiss08 says...

Hello, I'm Kiss.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me, or any of the other greeters (we are the ones with light blue names)

We have a 2:1 policy here at YWS. Meaning you have to have at least 2 reviews for every one story or poem that you post. Seeing how your doing pretty good with your reviews, that shouldn't be a problem for you. :D

There is tons to do here. There's the community forums (which I see you've found without problem:D)and we also have blogs(which I find, can be loads of fun). (Ex. http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/weblog.php?w=1420)

We also have a chat, which you can find on the home page. (It's opened by Moderators, the people with dark, or light green names, so there isn't much of a schedule to it)

Pretty much everyone is friendly and helpful here, but if you do have any problems with anyone contact a moderator (preferably a moderator with a dark green name). Believe me, the situation will be handled, bullying is completely unacceptable here at YWS. :D

Hope you have fun! :)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:15 pm
ATreeah says...

hey im ATreeah nice to meet ya :D
ATreeah was here

I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King