z

Young Writers Society

Myron Jay

Reviews: 1
Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:23 am
Myronjay says...

Heeeeello, writers and readers alike! I'm Myron, and, I am yet another new member putting my name on a list to be greeted and welcomed. I am certainly a writer, but I briefly set aside my writing pursuits to pursue music and other interests. Now I am again returning to my native shores, so to speak, and putting my full effort back into writing. Unfortunately, amateur that I am, I have not a single novel or full-length work to my name. Just an accumulation of essays (theological mainly, school related), a plethora of short-stories, and a handful of poems. I look forward to posting some of my work, and hopefully beginning work on some larger projects. I also look forward to being able to read and comment on the work of other writers. Overall, this seems like a great resource. I thank God for the gift of good writing, and I hope I can glorify Him in honing my writing skills.

Please pardon the long monologue (it shan't be the last), but I suppose I'll mention some of the writing I enjoy.
Personally, I prefer books which are full of pure, raw writing quality. The content, as important as it is, ought to be matched by the skill of the story-telling. So, I like to focus on character development, smooth, concise phrasing, and cohesive storylines more than crowd-pleasers, like romance or battle-scenes. I am very interested in historical fiction, and mystery too, I think. I like a good fantasy every now and then, too. Really, the genre matters less than the quality. So, anyhow, I am finished babbling by now. I look forward to reading and writing with you!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:04 pm
KissKiss08 says...

Welcome to YWS!

Hello, I'm Kiss.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me, or any of the other greeters (we are the ones with light blue names)

We have a 2:1 policy here at YWS. Meaning you have to have at least 2 reviews for every one story or poem that you post.

You also get points for every review, welcome a new member, or post in the group forums. You actually came at a very good time because everyone's points just got reset back to 300, and if you have the top user points by next month, you have a shot at being featured member of the month. This month's member was Alwaysawriter, so if your interested you may want to contact her, shes very nice :)

There is tons to do here. There's the community forums (which I see you've found without problem:D)and we also have blogs.

We also have a chat, which you can find on the home page. (It's opened by Moderators, the people with dark, or light green names, so there isn't much of a schedule to it)

Pretty much everyone is friendly and helpful here, but if you do have any problems with anyone contact a moderator (preferably a moderator with a dark green name). Believe me, the situation will be handled, bullying is completely unacceptable here at YWS.

Hope you have fun!
Yeah, Teachers are great.

Can I have an A?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:11 pm
jasmine12 says...

Hello Myron Jay. Or just Myron? Hmm...
I'm Jasmine, or Jas, or Jazz. Whichever you prefer.
Welcom to YWS.
The title 'another brick in the wall' is what caught my attention here. Pink Floyd...love them!!!

Okay, I think you'll deffinitly find what you are looking for on YWS.

If you have any questions or anything, just PM me. I love meeting new people on here!!!

I look forward to reading some of your work.
See you around.

--Jazz
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:39 pm
FreakyDoo12 says...

Wow. Well I was new some few weeks and I was welcomed nicely. Eveything has been said though but I'm sure you'll be able to make some cool friends.

THANK YOU AND YOU ARE WARMLY WELCOMED
Scared are you?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:01 am
Princess says...

Hi Myron! Welcome to YWS!
So as Kiss said before, there are tons of things you can do on the Society.. I cant wait to see some of your work!! And please remember that for every post you make, you should critique two other peoples work.. Everyone here will happily welcome you, so don't be shy! We are like a family on YWS.

If you have any questions about YWS, or if you just want to chat, feel free to PM me..

Emma
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

I'll show my defiance through ironic obedience!
— AstralHunter