z

Young Writers Society

Hi there!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:03 am
Ophelia.Stornoway says...

Hi everyone!

I'm a novice writer from New Zealand, with a few small writing credits under my belt and hopefully more coming - if I can ever free myself from my other project to get any writing and editing done of my own work.

That other project is Semaphore Magazine, a fiction e-zine I run that is dedicated to publishing short stories, poetry, and so on. Between it and writing, I hardly have time to study!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:43 am
Meep(: says...

Hey!
I'm sort of new too!
Just joined a few days back!
and I'm already glued to this website :D
Hope you'll like it here.
Your "resume" sounds very impressive :)
See ya around!
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:56 pm
Merry_Haven says...

Ophelia.Stornoway-
Hey! Hi. Ho there. Welcome to the YWS family! :D I hope you are most welcomed.
Make sure you check out the Help and Support tab. Rules for follow, staff to contact and FAQs.
Anyway, how's it like there in New Zealand?
Any who, what do you like to write? Poetry or fiction? Or maybe even both.
Any genres particulary over another?
If you ever wanna chat feel free to pm me. :wink:
-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:24 pm
Ophelia.Stornoway says...

I'm a prose writer - cn rarely get my head around a poem, and they usually end up sounding horribly twee.

New Zealand is, well, a bit damp at the moment. My part of it, at least.

Thanks for the welcome!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:00 am
KissKiss08 says...

Wow New Zealand, never been there. What's it like?

Anyway, I'm Kiss, PM me for absolutely anything. I'm pretty active, so you can find me pretty much anytime, especially in the blogs, and community forums.

I can also help you with your blog layout if you need any help, if you request something, I'll try my best to find a nice background for you, and maybe some colors for your fonts and stuff.

Well, here at YWS we have a 2:1 polocy, meaning you have to have atleast 2 reviews for every one story or poem you post.

We all try to be nice and friendly here, and if anyone gives you any trouble (highly unlikely), just contact your nearest Moderator(they're the ones with the green names).

There is tons to do here. Blogs, community forums(which I see you have found without a problem), and a chat which you can find on the home page(just check it every once in a while if you're interested, it's open pretty much whenever a Mod ( moderator) decides that they feel like opening it)

We also have groups, so you can meet other writers that share interests as you, it's a really good way to make friends on the site.:)

Again, PM if you have any questions!
Yeah, Teachers are great.

Can I have an A?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:07 am
Maybe says...

Hey Ophelia (Can I call you that?), welcome to the site! My name is Maybe, but most people around here just call me May for short.

I've always wanted to visit New Zealand. My friend has a brother that was living there for a while, who just got back a few weeks ago. I'm envious of both of you. ^.^

If you have any questions, check out the Rules & Guides or the Help Wiki under Help & Support located at the top of the page, or feel free to PM me. Also, be sure to review two other pieces of work before posting one of your own.

Your e-zine sounds really cool. I've tried to start one, but school and procrastination got in the way. Good for you for starting one!

See ya around, and good luck with your writing and e-zine!

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Ophelia, welcome to YWS! :D

That's super cool that you're from New Zealand and you have your own e-zine! :D

If you haven't already I would recommend reading the Rules because that gives a lot of good info on the site.

Have fun, and if you have any questions, need anything or just feel like chatting feel free to PM me :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:40 pm
cheese9975 says...

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I'm sure you'll find that this is one of the greatest online communities one can ever stumble upon, just as I have. Everyone here is super friendly and gives great advice. You're resume sounds impressive... it seems that this place was made for you! Anyways, I'm sure you'll like it here, and if you need ANYTHING, or just want to say hey, howdy, or holler, send me PM or sign my guestbook!
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:52 am
Bickazer says...

Hey Ophelia! O_o I recognize you from Uru...I mean, Deus Es Machina!

That's rather shocking, but in a good way. :)

(well, unless you're not that Ophelia.Stornoway, but I can't see two completely different people from New Zealand with the same username on two writing forums, so...)
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio