z

Young Writers Society

Hi all, new guy here!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:52 pm
JohnSavage says...

Hello everybody!

Pleased to meet you all! My name is Simen and this is my first time here; I look forward to getting to know you all and read some interesting stories, as well as share some of my own. Just thought that I should pop in and say hello, so...heeyy! :)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:56 pm
Cobra says...

Hi there Simen. I'm called Cobra. Welcome to YWS! It can be slightly confusing at first so if you need any help, you can PM me.
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:47 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hey Simen! I'm Mizz Iceberg. Hope you're liking YWS so far. It is an awesome, awesome site. But if you need any help feel free to PM me or any other greeter (the ones with their names in blue) or a moderator (green).

Make sure you check out the guides, rules and FAQs if you haven't already.

So tell us more about yourself. What are your interests? Favourite genre? Favourite music? Food? Book? Writer?

Toodles for now.
-Mizz
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:30 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:12 pm
JohnSavage says...

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I`m sure I`ll like it here!
A little about myself, hmm, shouldn`t be that hard.
I started writing about 4 years ago in high school, where I spent most time I had noting down small outlines or plot-ideas (in retrospect maybe I should have spent the time, i don`t know, studying?) Anyways, the time was well spent in my eyes, and I started out writing for real about 2 years ago. So far I have finished one short story in English, and I`m now working on a longer Drama novel in my mother tongue, which is Norwegian. I usually write sci-fi mysteries, thrillers, and I have experimented with different types of narrative just for the heck of it. But if I want people to read my works in Norway, I have to write in Norwegian, which is a pisser, seeing as how I REALLY like writing in English.
Other than that I`m a musician, mainly bassist, but I try to maintain my guitar-skills as well as I can.
My favourite book at the moment is Aldous Huxley`s "Brave New World." I absolutely LOVE that book, hence my nickname here. Have anyone of you ever read it?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:28 pm
Meshugenah says...

Ah! Brave New World has been on my reading list forever, I just never have time to read it (yeah, a lit major who doesn't have time to read... sounds about right!). But! Scifi! Happiness and joy!

But welcome to the insanity! We don't (usually) bite (hard). If you have any questions about the site, feel free to PM me! I'm generally up for a chat (and a quick distraction from my reading pile!)

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:57 pm
Emerson says...

Hell, John the Savage! I love your username. :-) I had to read BNW over the summer for my lit class. I cannot say it was the best novel I've ever read, although the ideas in it were awesome. It lacks things for me, but in general, it's fun!

If you have any questions or need something, feel free to message me! I hope you enjoy the site and make some friends. And do don't be so savage. ^_~
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:36 am
KissKiss08 says...

Hey there! I'm Kiss, PM me for anything. Yep, yep this is an awsome site. Everyone is nice here, and I'm sure we'll all get along great. Anyway, there are lots of tips, and people that will gladly help you in posting a story. I personally get someone to edit my stories before I post them. I'm actually in the process of writing a story right now. Anyway, PM me when you post your first story. I would love to review it for you.

Hope you have fun around the site.

Again PM me for anything.
Yeah, Teachers are great.

Can I have an A?

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy