z

Young Writers Society

Start from the bottom and work your way up from there...

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:14 am
Venustas says...

Hello. My name is Venustas. I come from Australia, the land of the free. I can only speak English, however I'm learning Japanese at school.

Watashi no namae wa Venustas desu.

I love to write, although between school and life I don't get to write as often as I'd like. I generally prefer something quite dark, and really can't handle anything without romance (non-explicit).

I'm 14 and a third years old, the third being utterly vital whenever saying my age.

See you all around.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:37 pm
Meep(: says...

Hi.
I'm new too. Just joined a day or two ago.
I'm from Singapore.
I see you're learning Japanese, you have some affinity to Japan?
Just wondering why Japanese out of all the choices :D

Something dark? Does that mean morbid?
I don't mind romance either, but I like it to be kept innocent.
Like you said, non-explicit, because I'm frightfully immature for my age.
I'm 14 too, by the way. 14 and two thirds, because I turn 15 in January :)
I also have to juggle school, life and everything, like you.

I think you'll love this website.
I love writing (I think everyone here does, haha.), and you can learn new styles and tips from other people like us.
Oh yes, do remember to read up about the rules.
There's one important rule where for every 1 story/poem or whatever you post, you have to review 2 others, not your own.

Yupp. I think that's all.
See you around!
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:48 pm
lucyy says...

Hey there Venustas and welcome to YWS!!
From Australia, eh? It's one of my major life aspirations to spend a year out there - I just love the country even thought I've never been there & (most importantly) your accents!! So awesome!!
I assure you that in no time at all, you will be completely addicted to this site.
So, just a couple of questions for you: what kinds of things do you write? Who's you're favourite author? What's your favourite reading genre?
If you need any help at all or any reviewing of any sorts, just PM me and I'll be happy to help :D
Lucyy xx
(p.s. I'm totally with you on the romance thing - can't beat a good romance!)
"Don't think, or judge. Just Listen."

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:29 pm
Venustas says...

Meep(: wrote:I see you're learning Japanese, you have some affinity to Japan?
Just wondering why Japanese out of all the choices :D

I got to choose between Italian and Japanese, so I choose Japanese because I figured that Italian was closer to English.

Meep(: wrote:Something dark? Does that mean morbid?

Haha, I suppose that that's a good way of putting it.

lucyy wrote:From Australia, eh? It's one of my major life aspirations to spend a year out there - I just love the country even thought I've never been there & (most importantly) your accents!! So awesome!!

I've lived in Australia for my whole life, so I suppose that I don't find it as special as I ought to...I aspire to escape to Italy after I finish school.

lucyy wrote:What kinds of things do you write?

I prefer...morbid things. At the moment I'm planning a novel, which is set in a supernatural world, sort of. Actually, I've only come up with the world. I still need a plot and characters.

lucyy wrote:Who's you're favourite author?

I'm not sure. I read such a variety of books that I don't really have a set favourite.

lucyy wrote:What's your favourite reading genre?

Romance - the more unsuitable the couple, the better. Supernatural. Sometimes mystery.

Thank you for your welcomes.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:32 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

I can speak a bit of french that i learned in high school, but it has left my brain now.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction. if you like Romance, you should check out my story, Poison Love.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:21 am
KissKiss08 says...

:) I'm 14 and 2/3! :)

Haha, I think you'll get along great in this little community we got going on right here:)

So, australia, I've always wanted to go there, I live in the US.

Well, I see the 2:1 policy has been covered, so I guess I'll just say...

There are lots to do in this site. There are blogs, community forums, groups you can join, and a chat that is located on the home page.

I only speak English, but I am taking spanish, so we're kind of on the same boat here :) *completely random I know! :)

Anyway, this is a really great site, I like it. Everyone is really friendly, and is be some strange stroke of fate someone does chew you out, just tell a moderator ( they have their names written in green) Trust me the situation will be handled, bullying is completely unacceptable on YWS.

Anyway, I'm Kiss, you can PM me if you need absolutely anything!:)

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:22 am
Carlito says...

Hey Venustas, welcome to YWS! :D
That's sweet that you're from Australia!
I write romance too! :D (I can't seem to write anything that doesn't involve some aspect of romance.
If you haven't already, I would recommend reading the Rules because that gives a lot of good info on the site.
I look forward to reading your work! If you have any questions, need anything, or just feel like chatting, feel free to PM me :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

566 Reviews

Reviews: 566
Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:16 pm
miyaviloves says...

Hey welcome to the YWS!

Three of my friends have just gone to Austraila for a year, Im so jealous, it must be great to live there!

I hope you get on well on well here, there is plently to review and story books to be a part of, just check out the forums regularly and you will get along here fine :D

If you need any help with anything feel free to PM me :)

Meevs
x
Bag.

Got YWS?

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken