z

Young Writers Society

hola :)

Reviews: 1
Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:10 pm
breenuttxo says...

heyy guyss. uhm im totally new here nd a lil lost.
so talk it up ? :)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:27 pm
Snoink says...

So! If you're here, that must mean you like to write. So what do you like to write about? :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:46 pm
Merry_Haven says...

breenuttxo-
Hey! Hi. Ho there. Welcome to the YWS family!! I hope you are most welcomed.
Make sure you check out the Help and Support tab. There are rules to follow, staff to contact and FAQ's.
So what do you like to write about? Poetry? Fiction? Or both?
Any genres particularly over another?
Any who, if you ever wanna chat, feel free to pm me.
-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:20 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla!
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:37 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

You're a little bit lost huh? Okay, so that you won't get lost, try reading the rules, it's up there on the top right corner of the header, also try reading the FAQ at the Welcome page.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!

Tell us more about yourself. What do you like to write?

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:20 am
KissKiss08 says...

Well, you found the Welcome forums, that's a start! xD

Theres lots to do on this site. You can read and review other people's stories, as well as post your own.

You can have a blog, and comment on other blogs.

Everyone here is really friendly, If you need any help with a story, or anything PM me or just ask pretty much anyone, especially the Mods,(they're the ones with their names in green)

So, what should I call you?

I'm Kiss by the way, Again PM me for anything, you should see a button below mw that says "PM me!" If you don't know how to do that yet.

We also have a chat, you can find it at the home page. It's open pretty much whenever a Mid feels like opening it.

Anyway, the best way to figure things out, is to explore the site.

*have fun!*
Yeah, Teachers are great.

Can I have an A?

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:34 pm
breenuttxo says...

ha :)
i love how everyones so helpful
its makes life so much easier. :)

uhm im a fiction writer, i havnt found my genre yett.
i kind of just write what ever comes to me but i like to write about what i know.
im a believer of living what you write, i think its helps to make it a tad more authentic :)

uhm i love old romance novels, victoria holt is amazing,
definate stephen kind fan, his book on writing is my writing bible lol
of course stephenie meyers books.
its funny i read her first book when it first came out so i can proudly say i was one of the first real twilighters lol. and im jealous of the ppl who are just starting to read it cause they get to expierence it and they dont have to wait a year and a half or so to find out what happens next like i did. lol
and i love all the anita blake books. very good. and very old. its hard to find them.

but ive just started to really use this thing and i think im starting to get the hang of it.
ive never been completly computer savvy like most of my generation, i swear sometimes i was born in the wrong time :)

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:52 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Well, hello! Welcome to YWS. It's going to be great to have you here, I can tell. And let me just start off with the fact that it's alright if you don't have any specific genre you like to write about. Judging by your fabulous taste in books, it looks like whatever you write'll be great, whether it's about flying pigs or a wanna-be Indiana Jones.

It's absolutely fantastic that you like to "write what you know." Believe it or not, that's an incredibly important trait. Many writers try to write stories in places they barely know about, about a culture they only know the name of. Sure, you could rewrite the Da Vinci Code and spew nonsense over millions of people (the book wasn't half-bad, though), or you could totally make up your own world and go from there (Harry Potter, Twilight, etc.)

Let me just help you out with the basics: The point system. I'll give you a brief explanation; Nate created a great system to help everybody out, and it's like a two-for-one kind of thing. See, when you post somewhere in a forum that goes toward helping people, like the tips forum, welcoming, writing a review, you'll get a number of points. Of course, it all depends on how much you write, and if you spam, people will find out. Now here's the catch: The highest amount for a post like this you can get is 50 points, and posting a story or poem or whatever costs 100 points. Unless you want to post something in the Advanced Critique forum, which I'll explain now.

The AC forum is for people with stories over 5000 words that want to be edited in depth. Let me warn you though, you take a big risk doing this, because nobody may want to even look at your story if they don't like the summary of the amount of words. Plus, it takes a whopping 500 points. I would recommend posting whatever novel your writing in parts and chapters over time so you'll make it easier on yourself and everybody else.

One more thing I think you'd like: Storybooking. A story book is something one writer starts and leaves everybody else to finish. I believe it also takes 500 points to start a storybook as well. So, I want to write a storybook about a high school romance (because that's never ever been done before) - My first post would be telling everybody the plot, the setting, the characters, and so on and so forth. In your next post, which would cost you 5 points (everytime you post it takes 5 points), you would start off your story. "Jane walked into the store." Now, I'm browsing the storybook forum, and I'm intrigued by your idea. I enter and write, "John saw Jane approaching the counter, and he quickly checked his reflection in the super-shiny cash register." You respond, I respond, people add their own characters and drama - you get the point.

I think that's all I have to say for now. If you have questions, and I'm dead serious, because nobody ever does, PM me! "Where's the storybook forum?" "How come I didn't get points for this post?" I will be more than happy to help =] Especially if you need writing tips. I could either give you some myself or recommend some awesome articles to you.

Ta!
~*Sara*~
Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:05 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hola!
Como estas? Donde Eres?
Just Kidding, I won't do it all in spanish.

Hey
How are you? Where you from?
Check out the rules in the Community forum and you'll be fine. :)
If you ahve any questions, problems, want to chat, or want a review, feel free to fire a pm this way.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:22 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there!

Please note that this is a writers' site, no chat-speakers' site. So always capitalize your I's, use apostrophes in words like "it's" and "there's". Sorry to sound so strict, but "no chat-speak" is an important rule in YWS, so I thought I ought to remind you. :)

Cool avatar! Where's it from?

Yeah, haha, YWSers are so helpful ;)

So! Have an awesome time and PM me on anything at all!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:07 pm
breenuttxo says...

Ha thanks ! Sorry I just get so used to talking in IM speak from being on aim all the time.
Uhm, I made my avatar actually :) Its a picture of myself that i just zoomed in on and cropped to make an avatar :) I wanted to make something original instead of taking one that someone else made. lol.
"Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience."
Victoria Holt

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather