z

Young Writers Society

Are You A Published Author?

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:15 pm
BrooxBroox says...

Is anyone on here a published author yet?

If so, how did the process go about, did you find it difficult, and who is your publisher?

After 5 months of slaving away at query letters, synopses, and proposals and receiving rejection upon rejection, my women's fiction book finally got accepted for publication. I'm only in the beginning stages of the process, but I just learned that only someone 18 or over can legally be held to any contract, so I'm in a sticky situation as whether or not I need to wait until I'm 18 to sign OR if I just need to have my parent/guardian sign the contract in their name for me.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 pm
Stori says...

Seriously, I've been published. It was just a poem, though.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:06 pm
Princess says...

Ive been published.. But im not sure if winning a poetry contest and then having your winning poem published counts..

Eh..close enough..
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:07 am
Snoink says...

Is your publisher PublishAmerica? Because they suck and you should avoid them at all costs.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:29 pm
Cobra says...

I haven't finished my book yet.
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:42 pm
Blink says...

Snoink wrote:Is your publisher PublishAmerica? Because they suck and you should avoid them at all costs.

I second that, but hopefully you have a proper publisher. Tip now: don't go for vanity presses if you're serious about writing.

Anyhow, I haven't been published... yet. But I will, one day.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:47 pm
vixeyt says...

Nobody ever wants to touch any of my work. Despite that, I am determined that someone will pick it up.
The opposite of courage is not cowardice but conformity

Bee is in the house bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:07 pm
walshie says...

Yeah, there's a company over here in England that holds a competition every few months and publishes a book for each area with the winning entries in and one of my poems is in that. If you live in England I'd recommend youngwriters for poetry =).If your entry is the best or if you are one of the best twenty or something you get a cash prize etc.
I've got birds in my ear and a devil on my shoulder, got a phone in the other and I can't get a hold of her. What's a crush to do?

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content