z

Young Writers Society

My whole being in a nutshell. [not]

Reviews: 4
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:45 am
elektrisk says...

Okay, so I'm gonna try to summarize my whole self in this tiny post, haha. This may be harder than writing a book itself! =P

So, I won't say the obvious stuff that you can find under my avatar, 'cause that'd just waste space. My name is Michael, and I found this site from an answer to a question on Yahoo! Answers =P Thanks Yahoo! I've really been looking for something like this for a while, and I'm glad I found it.

I like to write about LGBT persons/problems, because I feel that the world, especially the teenage population, needs to be educated about the problems that these LGBT people face, myself included. I believe that if young people know that being LGBT isn't exactly a picnic, they'll know that bullying isn't wanted (but shouldn't that be obvious?), therefore reducing bullying in schools =P I know it's a stretch, but even if I can educate at least one person, I will feel that I've actually done something with my life, haha.

Along with writing, I love languages (: Seriously, I could go on and on about languages in general. My favorite is Swedish, which I taught myself over the course of one year with random online sites and trial-and-error. I love the way it sounds, and how complex yet beautiful it is. If you like techno music, then you'd probably enjoy the Swedish DJ, Basshunter. I hope to live in Sweden whenever I graduate college, as well. I'm also currently learning Spanish.

I love to read and review most genres honestly. That is to say that I won't sugar coat reviews, but I WILL point out the good, as well as the bad, and expect others to do the same :D

Well, this is just a piece of me; if you think I'm interesting, the PM me :b
"Those who wish to sing always find a song." / "Dem som önskar att sjunga hittar alltid en låt." - Swedish Proverb.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:48 pm
KailaMarie says...

First of all, Welcome to YWS, because I noticed that you just signed up today!!

That is so cool!!! You learned Swedish? I'd never heard of someone wanting to learn that specifically before.

And what's LGBT? I've never heard of that. Unless I've like heard about it under a different name?

-Kaila!
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:39 pm
Angel of Death says...

Welcome to YWS!!!

Yeah I've been on here for a while and you're going to love it here. Wow you speak Swedish? That's interesting and unique. Every time I talk to somebody they say they only know the basic French and Spanish. I like the proverb in your siggy. Its nice to know that you won't sugar-coat things when you critique. Well I hope to see you around on the site sometime.
Have fun,
-Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:33 am
Fishr says...

Hehe... I thought you might have posted one of these "Welcome Threads." I've completely forgot what the heck I wrote in mine, it's been so long. I hope you enjoy your stay here and welcome aboard. Some of us are a little eccentric *coughs* Guilty *coughs* but what writer isn not? After all, we "talk" to voices, otherwise known as little spawns of trouble that annoy us night and day, also known as our characters.

I'm only fluent in one language and I'm typing it right now. ;) But I think it's amazing you taught yourself Swedish in just a year. Personaly, I don't think I have that patience nor dedication so extra kudos to you for the effort and learning the language so well. (Try learning Scottish Gaelic -- with only thirteen letters in the alphabet -- it's hard!)

Cheers!

And what's LGBT?

I'm so not caffeinated at the moment but:
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender

There you go. :)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic