z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:01 pm
naturalog says...

Hey everyone,

my name is Ellen Simon. I'm eighteen and a junior History/Sociology student at Manchester College in Indiana, although I'm currently spending a semester in Derry. As far as History is concerned, I'm most interested in modern German history, especially the Holocaust. I'm currently working on a senior thesis about the experiences of gay men in Nazi Germany, among other academic projects. Sociologically, I'm really interested in the social construction of gender and sexuality, especially the evolution of the conception of non-normative gender identities in society. I'm also really interested in issues of power and privilege, and have a special interest in neo-fascism, as well as the memory of the Holocaust in Germany. (This one especially kind of blurs the lines between history and sociology.)

Admittedly, most of my writing for the past several years has been very academic in nature, although I used to write a lot of fiction. I'm looking to get back into my fiction-writing groove. Back when I wrote regularly, I wrote a lot of YA lesbian romance, most of which is mildly embarrassing today.

Outside of the Internet, I'm the leader of United Sexualities, the queer group on campus at Manchester. I'm also active in some other organizations at school and do tech theatre. I'm also active in some association-level work for the Unitarian Universalist Association. I also volunteered for the Obama campaign when I was back in the States.

By the way, I'm genderqueer ftm and prefer either gender neutral pronouns (I generally use ze/per... ze is going to the store because ze forgot to bring per shoes) or male pronouns.

If you have any other questions, go ahead and ask!

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:34 pm
JosephDean says...

Welcome!!

I know I'm not a Greeter or anything, but I'd like to be the first to welcome you to the site! I've only been a member for a few days, but I've met a lot of interesting people and am having a lot of fun here.

I want to express how wonderful I think it is that you feel free enough to express your gender differences to complete strangers on here. I'm a strong supporter of Obama as well. I think you'll have a lot of fun here.

I'm open to critiquing anything that you will write, so feel free to PM me for anything!

joseph.dean-

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:01 am
ATreeah says...

im not a greeter buuuut...id like to say...WELCOME TO YWS :D
ATreeah was here

Reviews: 4
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:35 am
elektrisk says...

Welcome! (:
I hope you enjoy your stay here.
"Those who wish to sing always find a song." / "Dem som önskar att sjunga hittar alltid en låt." - Swedish Proverb.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:26 am
casey_kent says...

Welcome to YWS!

Don't forget to read the rules and the FAQ! We have a rule that says you have to make 2 reviews first before posting anything else and try to keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

Please don't break this rule.

I hope you enjoy here!

See you around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:50 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hiya Ellen

I hope you enjoy this site,

The wonderful people and brilliant writers are what make this site so intresting,

Without newbies who would we help.

Pm me if you need help,

Peace*

Love

xxxxxxRebbeccaxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxx
xx
x
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people.
— Adrian Mitchell