z

Young Writers Society

Why hello thar!

Reviews: 0
Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:35 am
Spirrus says...

Hey everyone! My name is Spirrus, I'm 16 and from Nigeria. After wandering the halls of the internet, searching for a writer's society that suited me, I came across this site after deciding that 4chan /b/ might not be the best place to start. :?

I'll be looking forward to being part of this charming little community and hopefully even contribute to it, if someone could show a n00b like me the dos and donts of this forum then I'd appreciate that too :D
Last edited by Spirrus on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:39 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

Well, you've mentioned that you want to know the do's and don'ts in the site. You can find it here in the Rules, and I also suggest that you read the FAQ since you're a newbie.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me anytime!

So, you didn't mention some things about yourself. What do you like to write? read?

Anyway, enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Reviews: 0
Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:16 pm
Spirrus says...

What I like reading...hmm, never thought of it when posting this topic.

Well, generally I like fantasy alot, books like Lord of the Rings and Northern Lights are a few of my favorites. I'm also into horror, especially novels that relate to the whole zombie outbreak idea, like Monster Island, Nation and Planet and World War Z. I like sci-fi too, but not so much as fantasy. And before you ask, no, I'm not into romance novels, I cringe when reading a book about how the effeminate, purple pirate supposedly sheathes his sword in the woman's scabbard if you catch my drift :roll:
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:48 pm
Rydia says...

Hey there Spirrus, welcome to YWS!

My name's Heather and it's lovely to meet you. If you've got further questions after checking out the rules and what not then feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to help you settle in.

And a Northern Lights fan, eh? Well you're sure to fit in, I love Pullman's books =) And Lord of the Rings is good too, who's your favourite character in that? Mine's Aragon, no competition.

Also, if you want a critique at some point, just go ahead and ask. Enjoy the site!

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:47 pm
Cobra says...

Hi Spirrus. I'm Cobra. Welcome to YWS! If you need any help you can PM me.
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:39 pm
KissKiss08 says...

Just be yourself, and get to know the people of the community. It's great here. We have a chat too. The mods can open it whenever they feel like it, so just check the home page every once in a while to see if it's open. This is a great site, because most everyon eis really nice, and if someone tells you off they get da boot! haha anyway see you around da site!

*peace & love*
Yeah, Teachers are great.

Can I have an A?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:48 pm
Carlito says...

Whoa! You're from Nigeria! That is so cool! :D
Welcome to the site, I'm Carly :)
Everyone already said pretty much everything so yeah, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.
I look forward to reading your work :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Journeys end in lovers' meeting.
— William Shakespeare