z

Young Writers Society

:] heyyyy.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:03 pm
x0xGilmore Girliex0x says...

Hey, so I'm Carlee. I'm 14. I'm a girly-girl freshman. I don't do sports because I have no physical coordination whatsoever. However, I'm in, like, every possible club at school. I tend to type exactly the way I would talk. Hence the ",like,"s in every possible sentence. My most passionate loves are being a Christian, reading, writing, shopping, and TSA. I don't get upset easily, or at all. I have great friends but I love meeting new people so PM me sometime.

My favorite authors are Stephenie Meyer, Libba Bray, and Kate Brian. I admire people who have an awesome writing style while still maintaining an interesting and enthralling plot. I get bored easily, and I often think my work is lame, but I'll post it anyway. Who knows? You guys might love it. Or at least I hope you do. I am always thinking about a story (my favorite thing to write/read is romantic fiction, but I like it to be at least semi-realistic) or at least a scene from one. When I go to write stuff down, however, I always try to write the beginning of the story and write up to the scene I was talking about. But that does not work. I either write up to the scene I had been dreaming up, and then forget the whole point of what I was writing or don't make it to the part where my imagined scene fits in, and then just quit it altogether. I need to just get over it and write what I'm thinking about instead of trying to base a whole story on it.. But anyway.... I'll start posting some stuff (hopefully I'll post the cool scenes that I dream up) after I review a few pieces. Thanks for reading,
Carlee <3
"... and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, " (Hebrews 12:1)

"This race: if you are in it, do your best to win it."
-The Amazing Aaron!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:16 pm
Emerson says...

Hey there and welcome to YWS!

It's great to meet you. ^_~ I wish we had more in common! I am a vehement Meyer-Hater. That's just because I'm opinionated though. I'll still love you! (Perhaps... :P)

If you have any questions about the site or need help finding something, feel free to message me! If you post your work, I can't promise you'll find a review from me (I'm dying under school!) but you'll find the lovely people in purple (instructors) can help you out whenever you need. Don't forget that not only will we, hopefully, love your work, but we'll also tear it up and make you better! Sounds pretty, doesn't it?

Well, enjoy the site!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:51 pm
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

welcome carlee.
have fun on YWS and PM me if you need anything.
or PM someone else if I don't know.
peace.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:10 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Carlee!

Welcome to YWS!

Wow, we have so much in common! Especially the Christian part! It's nice to meet another fellow Christian in the site!

Anyway, before anything else, I've got some reminders for you. I can see that you currently have 3 posts and 0 reviews. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting anything else. Please, please do not break this rule again and go make some reviews now. After this, try to keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!

I'd like to get to know you better! I hope we can find time to chat a bit!

Anyway, enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:23 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to Yws.

Anyway, before anything else, I've got some reminders for you. I can see that you currently have 3 posts and 0 reviews. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting anything else. Please, please do not break this rule again and go make some reviews now. After this, try to keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

I love Libba Bray too. Have you heard that there are rumors of a fourth bok for Gemma?

if you love vampires, check out it my story.

i hope to see your work soon.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:28 pm
fun4eva says...

Hi carlee, nice to see you here!!
Welcome to YWS!!!
I hope you enjoy yourdelf here.....this site is quite addicitive.
Any time you need to talk...you can PM me...

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena