z

Young Writers Society

*hops on the train*

Reviews: 1
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:43 am
Phytoxoeia says...

So, I've come to join the YWS. That much is obvious. Now let me make my (not so) grand entrance:

I'm Phytoxoeia, by you can call my Phyto for short (but that doesn't mean I'm a dog :) ) or Keira. Phyto's probably easier to remember though. But we can heckle about names later.

Anyway, I've been "seriously" writing (meaning, posting my stuff online - serious, I know) since... I think it was April 28th, 2007 that I joined my first writing board. It felt really good to have my writing finally read, and it, in turn, led me to write more things. It has also had an HUGE impact on my poetry, which, though it still isn't very good, is about a hundred times better than it used to be.

I love reading. My favorite books include (but are not limited to) Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and, as much as I wish it weren't, Twilight, which is a guilty pleasure more than a favorite book. I'm currently rewriting it, mostly trying to stay as close as possible to the book, while making Edward less of a Mary Sue (and trying to keep his personality basically the same - it's a task) and creating a new ending that makes more sense than the current one does. I doubt it will be as good, but I'm hoping I can make it not look pitiful.

I feel like a pompous freak talking about myself, so I'm going to end here. So, basically, hello! I'm glad to be here!
"Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months."
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:47 am
Broken^Minded^Warrior says...

So, you just today joined? Me, too. Welcome, new person!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:37 am
Rydia says...

Hey there Keira, welcome to the site! If you have any questions or would like a review, feel free to pm me.

Before you post in the literary section, be sure to check out the rules which can be found at the top of the forums for 'lyric poetry' or 'science fiction' etc.

I'm Heather and it's nice to meet you =) And I have to be honest and say I haven't got around to reading twilight yet so I have no opinion formed but you'll find some people who hate it and some who love it here. And you'll probably find quite a few like yourself who like parts but hate other bits. Basically, we've got a lot of different people here =)

Well, I'll see you around. Hope you enjoy the site,

Heather xx

Also, a hearty welcome to you, Warrior!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke