z

Young Writers Society

Another Newbie

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:43 am
ankhirke says...

I find myself here quite by accident: I've been looking everywhere for a reliable beta reader/crit exchange/writing partner, and have found the interwebs less than helpful.

Long story short, I'm here. Name's Annie. I may linger a while - since this seems like a great community. And there's lots of stuff to crit... eeeeeexcellent.

looking forward to meeting you all!

~Annie

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:30 am
Searria H. says...

Hallo, Annie!
Welcome to YWS. Just remember to write two reviews before you post something of your own and keep a 2 to 1 ratio. You can find all of the rules under the Help and support tab at the top right corner of your screen.

Anyway. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Al I'm sure you will discover, the people here are all very helpful and encouraging. It isn't hard to make friends.

If you need anything or want me to review anything in particular, don't hesitate to PM me! My name is Searria, but you can call me Sea.

Hope to see you around. :D

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:45 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Salve Annie Salve means hello in Latin if you didn't know. I take latin 3 because i have to. If i had a choice I would quit now lol. Its difficult. A lot of studying. Ok enough about me. Welcome To YWS!

I am hear to help so don't hesitate to pm me with questions or comments about the site. That is why i am here. XD.

If you ever need me pm me.

Thanks and have a good day :)

SimonCowellLuver AKA SCL :D :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:02 pm
Night Mistress says...

Bonjouro, Annie.

Como va?

translation: Hello, Annie

How are you?

If you need anything at all, including friendship, don't hesitate to ask me.

I look forward to seeing your work around.
How are you?
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Reviews: 9
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:52 am
Broken^Minded^Warrior says...

Wow, it seems really awkward, a new member greeting a new member, but hi and welcome, anyways! you said " I've been looking everywhere for a reliable beta reader/crit exchange/writing partner, and have found the interwebs less than helpful." Umm... have you been to Dragon Hame? Sorry, but just can't help but wonder...
Is it a freakin' crime to be 13 years old and never have had a girlfriend before?

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:08 am
ankhirke says...

Thank you, Sea, Night Mistress, SCL, and BMW for the wonderful (and rather macaronic) welcome! Salvete, bonjour, konichiwa, as-salaam alaykum, and all that (I am indeed familiar with Latin, SCL: I had to take six years of it!)

Just out of curiosity, what do we all write? I tend to write urban/modern fantasy for younger readers: currently I am trying to finish my last round edits on an MG fantasy novel set in a Victorian-flavored alternate history. I'm also planning for my NaNo, and when I have the time, working on a Latin picture book that may or may not be for children (think Edward Gorey. In Latin!) What are you guys currently working on, and can I crit it?

~Annie

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:28 am
moosiegirl says...

HAYYY!!
WELCOME
EXPLORE
WRITE
CREATE
IMAGINE
YWS
YOUNG
WRITERS
SOCIETY
"I don't know what to say, so I'll just say what's in my heart... Baboom, Baboom, Baboom."
--Mel Brooks

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:30 pm
Cobra says...

Hi there and welcome to YWS! This site is a really good one for writers and it gets more members every day - we're growing big! The interwebs are unhelpful, as you say, but this is a decent writing site for people like us. Feel free to PM me if you need any help.
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:18 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Hi'ya :D

New people.

This is my first time greeting anyone. =P

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names.
— Chinese proverb