z

Young Writers Society

New!

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:49 am
Sunny says...

Hiya! I was just wondering around the Internet and found this site recommended by somebody. Well, I like colorful things! Color is awesome. I'm in band and I play the flute/piccolo.

Uh...Usually I have a million things to say but then when I actually do it I just go brain dead or something and I forget.

I've always been huge on reading. Ever since I was in third grade (I think) I've always been ahead with reading, always grades way ahead of what I should be. Right now I'm read the Pendragon series which I started today and so far they're good. I like reading all kinds of things - it's really hard to pick a genre.

I've been writing since around 5th grade. I don't even want to talk about what I wrote back then. Very embarrassing. I mainly write fantasy and/or sci-fi. Sometimes I write other things. I'm not good at poetry at all, it's one of my weak points. I do write it sometimes when I get bored and you'll probably never read it...

Anyways I just wanted to say hi so hi!

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:57 am
alwaysawriter says...

Hi Sunny, welcome to YWS. I'm alwaysawriter. I'll be glad to help you with any questions you may have.

I've always been huge on reading. Ever since I was in third grade (I think) I've always been ahead with reading, always grades way ahead of what I should be.
Me too. I read at a ninth grade level when I was in fourth grade. :)

I don't even want to talk about what I wrote back then. Very embarrassing.
*Nods head* My old stuff is pretty embarrassing but so is some of my new stuff. :)

I'm not good at poetry at all, it's one of my weak points.
I don't write poetry either.

Anyway, welcome to YWS.

PM me for anything at all.

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:58 am
Meshugenah says...

Oh, Pendragon is fun! I actually have to get caught up with the series -- I started when it first came out, and then by the fifth book, I was so overloaded with schoolwork I couldn't keep up! So, thanks for reminding me! And! You're a band geek! Though you do play flute... :P I'm a clarinetist myself.

What kind of sci-fi do you write? I love a good scifi! Who's your favorite scifi writer?

Anyhoo, welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM! For now, back to reading (the woes of an English major!).

mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:00 am
Thorns-and-Roses says...

Hi!

Uh...Usually I have a million things to say but then when I actually do it I just go brain dead or something and I forget.

Haha me too! Things always seem to make sense in my head and then when I go to speak them... *blank*

Same here! I suck suck suck suck suck at poetry.

Anyways, I'm pretty new here too but it's really cool. Everyone is really nice.
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. ~Maori Proverb

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:33 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Sunny!

Welcome to YWS!

You like to read? Me too. What mostly do you like to read?

Before we get lost into our conversation, I've got a few reminders for you first. Please read the rules and the FAQ. Doing this will help you out a lot. We have a rule which indicates taht you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your works. Please, please do not break this rule. After you have done this, try to keep up a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM it to me!

Aww, I like writing poetry, it's one of my masterpieces. Maybe I can help you out with it.

Anyway, enjoy and have an AWESOME time here!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:22 pm
Stori says...

Wow, another advanced reader! *shakes hands heartily* I'm Kyte, but it's ok to call me Jorin.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:39 pm
Sunny says...

Meshugenah, I really don't write that much sci-fi. I started writing a sci-fi novel (or something like that) and I lost the prolouge, the first chapter, and half of the second chapter so then I stopped. I don't like writing sci-fi that's like really sci-fi-y.

It's hard to chose a favorite author there are so many!

Anyways, thanks everybody!

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore