Young Writers Society

Whoa.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:34 am
Dr. Tick Tock says...

I found this while browsing the strange and vast thing called "internet."

It's a remarkable thing.

Anyway, I don't like introductions, and I don't like meeting new people, but for some strange reason this seems like a requirement, though it isn't. Perhaps that's just my instinct. It likes being formal.

So. Hello everyone. I'm Dr. Tick Tock. Call me Doctor. If that's too degrading for you on the social hierarchy scale, give me another nickname. I really don't care. I'll respond to anything. As long as it's relatively related to my main username.

Well, I'm ending this. I tend to rant. And I'm attempting not to. So. Stopping.

Now.

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:42 am
alwaysawriter says...

Nothing wrong with ranting, Doctor. :)

I'm alwaysawriter and I'm an Instructor and YWS mentor. I'll be glad to help if you need help with anything (questions, how to write a review, stuff like that).

Please read our Rules and Guides.

Remember our 2:1 rule: you need to post two reviews for every one piece you submit to be reviewed by others.

PM me for anything. :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:04 am
Emerson says...

I feel compelled to call you Herr Doktor, but you're a girl. :P So Doc it is.

Hello Doc and welcome to YWS! If you have any questions or need help finding something, feel free to message me! Though you don't like introducing yourself, do you mind answering some questions? Easy ones, I promise!

1. What do you like to write?
2. What do you like to read?
3. What is your favorite color?

That's all! ^_^

I hope you enjoy the YWS!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

8 Reviews

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:31 am
Dr. Tick Tock says...

Thank you, alwaysawriter, and yes I know the 2:1 rule. It was in the introduction message I received, and also I read the rules before posting. =] Thank you for your concern.

As for you, Suzanne, I will answer those questions. They are not as easy as you may think, however, though that depends on the person. I'll answer to the best of my ability.

1. What do you like to write?
Well. In all technicality, I write sci-fi. Kinda, sorta. I hate the real hardcore science fiction novels, because, well, I hate science. I generally like to think of my writing as non-fiction-fantasy genre, but that is a complete oxymoron, and when people read my work, they generally say it's science fiction. To my dismay.

I also write poems! All kinds of poems. I really don't have a specific taste for them. Poetry is the language of the soul, it is said, and you can't very well divide your soul into significant parts, because it is all important, is it not?

2. What do you like to read?
As I said before, I hate sci-fi. I'll pretty much read any other genre, though. Fantasy, fiction, non-fiction, historical, biographies, etc, etc. I am not a picky reader.

Though I do detest magazines. Especially gossip-based ones. They annoy me. I really don't see why people care so passionately about a person's life. They're a person, after all. Fame and fortune doesn't change their species.

3. What is your favorite color?
I don't really have one.

Black, I'd say, if I had to choose. Black and maybe red. It seems almost every shade of red is pretty.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:40 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

hey hey.
i'll be calling you doc, so like it or ignore me.
you can call me sunny, which i think is more fun than my name, jade.
but whatever floats your boat.
i totally get the whole gossip magazine thing. like OMG Britney's preggo again. No one cares!
haha anyway... welcome.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

8 Reviews

Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:44 am
Dr. Tick Tock says...

Hello, Sunny. And Doc is fine.

Your signature is a quote from 'The Notebook'.

I like that movie.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:10 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Dr. Tick Tock wrote:Hello, Sunny. And Doc is fine.

Your signature is a quote from 'The Notebook'.

I like that movie.

I like it too.
But you probably already got that. :]
Last edited by silverSUNLIGHTx on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:47 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi! :) I am SimonCowellLuver. But most people call me SCL for short because my name is so long XD.
Welcome to YWS (YoungWritersSociety)

There is a lot to do. If you need help finding anything or you need to know how something works feel free to pm me anytime. I will get back to ASAP.

What kind of writing are you in to? I am in to short stories and poems. I like poems more than short stories. Well if you would like to post something please read the guidelines so you know how to post something.

Thanks SCL :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

8 Reviews

Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:53 pm
Dr. Tick Tock says...

Well, SCL, I'm pretty sure I answered your question before, and I'm too lazy to answer it again. So here it is.

Well. In all technicality, I write sci-fi. Kinda, sorta. I hate the real hardcore science fiction novels, because, well, I hate science. I generally like to think of my writing as non-fiction-fantasy genre, but that is a complete oxymoron, and when people read my work, they generally say it's science fiction. To my dismay.

I also write poems! All kinds of poems. I really don't have a specific taste for them. Poetry is the language of the soul, it is said, and you can't very well divide your soul into significant parts, because it is all important, is it not?

Nice to meet you!

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:36 pm
Livinginfantasy says...

Doc. I like that.

Nice to meet ya! LivingInFantasy here.

I must say I have to agree with you, introductions aren't really my thing either, but it's formal. :D

So, will I be seeing you around? Now that I've met you (kinda), expect to be seeing at least one review form me on one of your pieces.

That's what I do, you know.

I'm a big fan of red, too. Just thought I'd point that out.

So I gotta get to know you just tiny bit better... What's the last book you've read and how much did you enjoy it?

Well, I'm running off now. See ya around, Doc.

8 Reviews

Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:32 pm
Dr. Tick Tock says...

Greetings, Livinginfantasy. Any nicknames you prefer?

Your question...

What's the last book you've read and how much did you enjoy it?
The last book I read was "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, and I greatly enjoyed it. It has many deep meanings all of which I had to take several minutes to an hour to mull over.

Currently I am reading a book by my favorite auther- Clive Barker's "The Great and Secret Show"

And a book for school about a person from your ethnic background was needed- Medicine Woman by Lynn Andrews. A book about a woman finding her way into the Native American world spiritually and physically.

As for my Native American blood, I don't have much of it, and if you saw me you would never believe I'm Native American (Seneca, to be exact). However I do practice some Native American rituals, and we are constantly going to pow wows and meeting friends and dancing, etc.

So! I hope that was enough about me to satisfy everyone's introduction appetite. I usually don't reveal personal things like that online. Or even in real life, really. It makes me feel uneasy.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:25 am
Snoink says...

Hahaha... you answered most of my questions. So I guess I'll just welcome you. ;) I'm not really a fan of writing out introductory posts very much. Most times, when I join writing forums I'll just zoom on and critique stuff. I like doing that. :)

If you need to bug me, please do. I'm a mod and I help out with the operations of YWS. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:14 pm
Livinginfantasy says...

Dr. Tick Tock wrote:Greetings, Livinginfantasy. Any nicknames you prefer?

Your question...

What's the last book you've read and how much did you enjoy it?
The last book I read was "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, and I greatly enjoyed it. It has many deep meanings all of which I had to take several minutes to an hour to mull over.

Currently I am reading a book by my favorite auther- Clive Barker's "The Great and Secret Show"

And a book for school about a person from your ethnic background was needed- Medicine Woman by Lynn Andrews. A book about a woman finding her way into the Native American world spiritually and physically.

As for my Native American blood, I don't have much of it, and if you saw me you would never believe I'm Native American (Seneca, to be exact). However I do practice some Native American rituals, and we are constantly going to pow wows and meeting friends and dancing, etc.

So! I hope that was enough about me to satisfy everyone's introduction appetite. I usually don't reveal personal things like that online. Or even in real life, really. It makes me feel uneasy.

Well I'm glad you opened up! It's good to know of the many ethnicities this site can have.

My nicknames aren't much... just Fantasy or LIF.

Have fun at YWS!

Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg