z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:27 am
TheThing says...

As you can tell, I'm new. But from what I've seen, I think I'll like it here.

I'm not new at forums; I've been going to the forum on [url]newgrounds.com[/url] for about 2 years now, and that's also where I've post some stories under the same username. (I wouldn't read them; most aren't that good/not very appropriate for young people :oops:).

I've been writing since the 6th grade, when, after reading Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 I knew what my purpose in life was. I have been told I was a good writer in 1st grade, where my stories were above and beyond what kids did at that age, or so I've been told.

I love Science Fiction, Fantasy, and a little Fiction (Grapes of Wrath, 19 Minutes, etc.), and I write mostly in that genre. I'm full of ideas, but slow to write them.

I've gotten some criticism from the Newgrounds community, but unless you're a very popular user, you tend to get overlooked (as by the amount of reviews on my stories over there, if you read them), and overall, it's not a good place for good reviews.

For those who like horror/fantasy/sci-fi, and want a site to submit/review works, try http://critters.org/; I quite because of the amount of reviews you need to do, and I didn't have too much I wanted to submit. But it's very good, and has gotten a massive overhaul since I last took a peak.

What I really want to get out of this forum is to make me less verbose (as this post shows), and honing my descriptive writing, like when I need a reader to feel disgusted or joy at something.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:55 am
casey_kent says...

Hey there!

Welcome to YWS!

Before anything else, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will help you out a lot. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. After doing this, try to maintain a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:34 am
Fellow says...

Welcome to YWS. I hope i`ll see your writings around here asap. I`ll make sure i`ll be the first or if not, one of the fellows that review. :) Enjoy !
Life is a song. You just need to know how to sing it.

topic35881.html - Need reviews? Click!

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:47 am
alwaysawriter says...

Hi, welcome to YWS. xD Fellow. I don't blame you for quitting the site--even though I have no idea how many reviews you said everyone had to do--and I'm glad you joined us here. Our only policy on reviews is, as Casey said, the 2:1 ratio and I think it has to be somewhere around 250 characters to count as a review (Nate said it averages out to three or four lines, basically, from what I remember the last time I found it).

Anyway, I'm sure you'll love it here and PM me if you ever need anything reviewed (or anything in general).

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:11 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

Please make note of the Rules and Guides under the help and support Wiki.

I hope you enjoy it here.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:30 am
keirab says...

Hola!

Welcome to the site. Hopefully you will like it here. If you don't, you are a freak who doesn't belong here and you should leave immediately.

*hopes sarcasm is recognized*

Anyway, have a good time, PM me if you need anything or want a friend, etc.

Cheers.

Keira
Sgt: Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.
Palin: What if he's got a bunch?

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster