z

Young Writers Society

Me, Anna Graham

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:13 pm
Anna Graham says...

I’m procrastinating my homework to write this. Math really gives me a headache.

So, on to the show. I’m Anna. *waves* I’m kinda hoping this won’t turn into one of those class “get to know you” things where I stand up, mumble something about playing the trumpet, and sit down as fast as I can. I’ll try to be as honest as possible and just hope I’m not boring you.

Ok, first thing about me: I’m not your average teenage girl. I hate shopping for clothes, I hate going to dances, and I’ve never had a shouting match with my parents. In fact, I’m pretty good friends with them. I like to listen to A Cappella, Jazz, and classical music, with the occasional pop or country.

I have two best friends, both of whom have the same middle name as I do. Other than them, there are about six or seven more friends, not counting a couple acquaintances. Everyone else I tend to ignore, although not exactly on purpose. I’m just afraid that if I open my mouth I’ll make a fool out of myself. Again.

Birds of a feather really do flock together. I’ll probably win the award for being the most shy in my high school class. I’d much rather finish that book that’s calling to me in my backpack than drag myself through the agony of struggling to make normal conversation with the person sitting next to me. And every time I do try, people give me this strange look that says, “what are you doing out of your hole?”

Sorry, my introduction kind of turned into a bit of a rant. Hope I didn’t scare you all away.

As always,
Anna
"Man needs music, literature, and painting--all those oases of perfection that make up art--to compensate for the rudeness and materialism of life." -Fernando Botero

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:41 pm
alwaysawriter says...

It didn't scare me. I'm as shy as you are a lot of the time.

I’m procrastinating my homework to write this. Math really gives me a headache.
I'm always a procastinator and I'm the same way with Math.

I’m kinda hoping this won’t turn into one of those class “get to know you” things where I stand up, mumble something about playing the trumpet, and sit down as fast as I can.
Same thing with me. I mean, honestly, let the shy people live in their own little world where they don't want to talk to anyone.

I hate shopping for clothes, I hate going to dances,
I hate shopping (Period; with the exception of books, notebooks, video games, and music) and I've never gone to a single school dance.

I’m just afraid that if I open my mouth I’ll make a fool out of myself. Again.
That's me right there. Making a fool of myself is so typical.

I’d much rather finish that book that’s calling to me in my backpack than drag myself through the agony of struggling to make normal conversation with the person sitting next to me.
*Nods*

Looks like we have a lot in common; that's awesome. :)

PM me if you need anything.

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:20 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

Hey Anna.
I think you're awesome. :]
Sorry to say, I'm not really that shy. I used to be though, then it got really really annoying.
So I'm not anymore.
But uh, I think the trumpet rocks.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

Random avatar

Reviews: 150
Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:14 am
200397 says...

Ha! This is awesome.

I'm great friends with my parents. At school, people talk about hating their parents ("Won't let me go to so-and-so's party, won't let me get a cell phone, grounded me for kissing a boy, BLAH BLAH BLAH") and I just tell them that they have horrible lives, because my parents rock.

I like classical music too. Preferably Rachmaninoff, but I also like Debussy (me and all the maniac Twilight-fans out there) and Dvorak. I played the trumpet for a few years, long enough to learn the Superman theme really well, and then I went back to piano and singing.

I hope you have a good time here at YWS, 'cause the rest of us are!

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:44 am
thevoiceinside says...

Haha! oh you made my gut hurt cause I was laughing at this line that you wrote:

...And every time I do try, people give me this strange look that says, “what are you doing out of your hole?”

"What are you doing out of your hole?" That's a good one!

And don't worry, it's happened to me too, plently of times :D
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:04 am
wilsc7 says...

I thinkn your opening audience is cheering and clapping to a stand. Thats a creative way to introduce yourself and I wish I was more that way sometimes.

I am very interested in your work already from your opening ovation.

-classi

You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.
— Joyce Meyer