Young Writers Society

Newbie :D

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:41 pm
View Likes
Thorns-and-Roses says...

Hi!

My name is Jessica and I am fifteen years old.

I'm pretty new to this site which I found through Google- the answer to everything XD

In the past few years I have been writing Twilight fan fiction on fanfiction.net but am now looking for something a bit more...constructive. Don't get me wrong- I have learned a lot from that site but a lot of the reviews I get are blinded by all that is Edward Cullen (but how can you blame them, if they're a fan?)and though I am slightly freaked, Id like to be able to improve further. I have a few novel ideas that have bits a pieces written for them but they are all up in the air at the moment.

My biggest problem is that I get a lot of ideas and different story lines. So once I start on one project with an excitement that has to be restrained with chains and locks...I get another idea...and said project is left in the dust while my head has gone from one end of the spectrum to the other.

What I am hoping to get out of this is confidence.

I read a lot of vampire books- and watch a lot of vampire shows (Buffy= :smt049). My Mum and I are supernatural story lovers I guess. But I like classic stories as well- Wuthering Heights (still rattling in my brain) and romance of course, that is the thing that usually ties me to a book.

Okay, Babble Mode: Off

Hopefully soon I will muster up the courage to post something...I will start off small perhaps.

Fingers crossed :smt053
Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. ~Maori Proverb

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:44 pm
Fellow says...

Hey... Indeed ... google a thing and you find more that you expected *giggle*. I`ll start looking for your works and review them and i would really like if you would give back ... Good luck with the work!
Life is a song. You just need to know how to sing it.

topic35881.html - Need reviews? Click!

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:07 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Hi, welcome to YWS. PM me if you need anything.

Don't worry about babbling; I do it all the time. Just ask any of the people on my msn list; I like to talk. :)

I've heard fanfic.net is a great place, even though I've never been there, and I'm sure you'll like it here too.

Please rememeber that we have a 2 to 1 ratio here, which means you need to review two things before you're suppossed to post some of your own stuff. A lot of people don't like that rule but I think the key is to review a lot before you post things so you don't forget about the rule.

I look forward to reading some of your stuff, though I may not review it because I'm clueless when it comes to fanfics so it wouldn't be fair, and as I said above, PM me (or the people in blue, purple, or green) if you need anything. :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:59 pm
jasmine12 says...

Hello Jessica, and welcome to YWS!!!
I haven't even been on here a month yet! Woo!
I too, found it through google.

Edward? Where? Oh haha, riiiiight. Who doesn't get completely off topic at the sight of even his name See off topic again! haha

Okay, so you're new. That's awesome. I like meeting new people!! The people on this site are just as welcoming and friendly.

I totally know what you mean with the new idea thing. I just got a new idea last night and thinking about leaving all of my other work behind. Sometimes I work on the 'other ideas' when I have writers block for something else. Or only write it at school and the other stuff at home. Ya know?
Okay, so we have so much in common already!!!
For the moment, all I can write about are Vampire novels.

The idea for the site (which alwaysawriter most likely has already pointed out) is to have two reviews for every post. It helps get your name out there, and gets your points. If you need help with a review just pm me (this sites messaging system) And I'll be glad to help.

Any other questions or you'd just like to chat, Pm me. Again, I love meeting new people.

Good luck on the site and with your writing!!!!
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:45 pm
Merry_Haven says...

Jessica-
Hey. Hi. Ho-there!!
Welcome to the family, Jessica. I hope you are most welcomed here.
Google. They just have everything, don't they? :P
Oh my goodness! You have that problem too? I get all these ideas, then another one pops up. Then I forget about the one I'm actually writing about. It's such a pain. Do you get what I mean?
I mean, I'll be somewhere {outside, my bedroom, the beach...} and some cool/random idea pops up and I get all excited to write about that one idea. And then nothing really happens from there. I just hate it! :evil:
So like what vamp books are you reading? I read tons of vampire books and series. Man, I love the paranormal.
Oh, you like the classics too? My favorite, will always be Jane Eyre and the Austen novels. But I really wanna read Dracula, Miss Pettigrew lives for a day, The Portrait of Dorian Gray and lots more.
Goodness, I love romance. That's mostly what I read now-a-days. I'm a hopeless romantic. :oops:
Good luck with your writing. And I hope someday I'll be able to read them.
Well, off I go...
-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:32 pm
View Likes
Bickazer says...

Welcome to YWS, Jessica! :D I haven't been here long either, but I'm already loving it. The people are VERY helpful, and well, it's just a great place to write. But beware...you may end up spending so much time here you don't have time to write. :lol:

My biggest problem is that I get a lot of ideas and different story lines. So once I start on one project with an excitement that has to be restrained with chains and locks...I get another idea...and said project is left in the dust while my head has gone from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Ha ha, I know exactly how you feel...but I've found the influence/inspiration of my friends on this site has been doing a good job to keep me focused. Once you post something you don't want to let them down, so...you basically make yourself write more. And it works. :D I'm actually sticking with one project now, so yeah. The best thing to do is make a lot of friends, who'll pester and hound you to keep on writing.
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:52 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

WOW!!!!
another vampire fan, I have 2 vampires groups if you wanna join.

Well you sound like a very nice person and i love your profile pic.

Love becca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:22 am
Demeter says...

Welcome, Jessica!

Haha, you seem funny :) You're going to fit in perfectly. And you're from Australia?! That's amazing! I'd so like to go there some time...

I'm Demeter and I'm a Greeter. (That rhymed!!) That's why my name is blue, in case you were wondering. You can also call me D, Dem, Meter etc. etc. Believe me, I've seen it all. :D

Yay! I also found this place with a little help from Google. And I'm really glad I did! I've been a member for... wait a minute... a little over four months. Oh, how the time flies.

I'm sure you find all the help you need while surfing around the site. I don't think there's a greater place to improve one's writing. People here are so awesome. :)

Anyway, let me know if you need any help anytime. See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:23 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi Jessica I am SimonCowellLuver just call me SCL for short. Welcome to YWS! Its great here I really like it. There is alot to do here. Like to name a few, the YWS Radio, Polls, blog, chat, write,review and plenty more where that came from.

Before you post anything please read the rules first. Thanks! If you have any questions feel free to contact me by PM ok.

Thanks and enjoy the site. :D 8)

SimonCowellLuver :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:42 pm
TNCowgirl says...

WELCOME TO YWS!!!!!

I'm TN, TNC, or Cowgirl. I'm the crazy storybook fanatic and romance lover. That just sounds weird.

Anyways, welcome to YWS the best writers site online. IF you need anything just PM me.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:28 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

First, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will help you out a lot. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. After you have done this, try to keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton