z

Young Writers Society

New new new

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:19 am
pengallow says...

Even though I should very well be sleeping at the mo', I suppose I can type up a quick hello.

My name is Chelsea. I first started really reading when I discovered the Harry Potter books. (Haven't we all?) This also really started me writing. There's this one story (that I might even post on here...if I have time) that I've been working on since I was in 6th grade. And it's still not done. Yeesh.

I really very much like reading anything that's fiction, and sometimes I do read non-fiction when I research (for school or for a story, it's the same deal). I think my very favorite genre would have to be fantasy. I like Garth Nix, among others (the Abhorsen trilogy and The Ragwitch).

My other interests include music, playing the piano, musical theatre, singing, dancing, drawing, knitting, and sleeping (when I can). I'm in the International Baccalaureate program at my school (fun stuff).

Thanks for any warm welcomes. :D

Reviews: 0
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:42 am
ldsprincess says...

pengallow wrote:Even though I should very well be sleeping at the mo', I suppose I can type up a quick hello.

My name is Chelsea. I first started really reading when I discovered the Harry Potter books. (Haven't we all?) This also really started me writing. There's this one story (that I might even post on here...if I have time) that I've been working on since I was in 6th grade. And it's still not done. Yeesh.

I really very much like reading anything that's fiction, and sometimes I do read non-fiction when I research (for school or for a story, it's the same deal). I think my very favorite genre would have to be fantasy. I like Garth Nix, among others (the Abhorsen trilogy and The Ragwitch).

My other interests include music, playing the piano, musical theatre, singing, dancing, drawing, knitting, and sleeping (when I can). I'm in the International Baccalaureate program at my school (fun stuff).

Thanks for any warm welcomes. :D

hey!
I'm Kat, I too am a HP fan. :)
I also enjoy a good deal of the hobbies that you do.
Whats the International Baccalaureate program?
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:43 am
Merry_Haven says...

Chelsea-
Welcome! Welcome! and Welcome, again. Anyway, welcome to the YWS family.
Doesn't everyone like Harry Potter? I've read all the books and seen all the movies besides the 6th and 7th. {which hasn't even come out, yet} Have you seen the trailer for the 6th movie? That was so cool! Tom was so cute as a little kid. I have to say my most favorite character will always be Tonks. She's so spunky.
6th grade? Man, that must be some great work you've written, to haven't finished it yet. So, now your a junior? Senior?
Research. Blahh. I hate doing homework and even hate school. Such a drag if you hate the class.
I've tried choir, even played the cello. But can't play the piano. Wait, I've never tried it. I don't draw, can't dance, but like to knit.
International Baccalaureate? What's that?
Anyway, I said to much. Off I go...
-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:38 am
View Likes
casey_kent says...

Hi there Chelsea!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

First, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will help you out a lot. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. After doing this, try to maintain a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Random avatar

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:58 pm
pengallow says...

Thanks for the welcomes, you three! Yay!

FYI, the International Baccalaureate program is sort of like an Ivy League program (I guess?), except that it starts in middle school and progresses through high school. :)

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:00 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Hehe, more welcomes are coming your way, I bet. :)

I'm alwaysawriter. I'm an Instructor here, as well as a YWS mentor. I've only been here since May but I've learned a lot since I joined. Everyone here is really supportive, for one. You post in your blog about having a bad day and there's generally someone giving you advice or something within a day or two.

YWS is awesome, as everyone else here has stated. Please read the Rules and Guides and don't forget that you have to write two reviews before you post any of your own writing--feel free to PM me if you have any questions about how to do that or if you need help saying what to say in a review.

If you want, I could become your mentor and show you the ropes of YWS. As said in a post somewhere, a mentor helps the new member around the site for one month, critiquing their work and answering questions about the site. Of course, you can always deny my request--it's completly optional. :)

PM me for anything at all.
-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 pm
Emerson says...

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure others have said it, but if you have any questions feel free to send me a message!

Perhaps they haven't explained the colors though, so I will. See how I'm dark green (Over there <-) it's because I'm a moderator. The Junior Moderators (just awesome as I am, except they can only moderate subsections) are in light green. You can pm anyone in green if you have a question, need something moved, deleted, locked, or if you have problems with the site. The people in red you can also bother, but I wouldn't do it too often! Those are the administrators, the best of whom is named Nate, he's the founder and owner of YWS. The guys in purple are the instructors - they give awesome reviews and writing help. The blue people (who are here, a few of them) are the greeters. They're the people who say hello to the new members, and give them a helping hand!

So that's a quick explanation of things. I hope you enjoy the site! I can't say you'll ever get a review from me, because I don't read fantasy, but it'll be good to have you around!

Again, if you have any questions, just ask! But first, get some sleep! ^_~
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:35 am
pengallow says...

Thanks again for such nice welcomes. :)

YWS sounds like such a nice site, and from what I've seen so far, it's certainly living up to this. Thanks for clearing up the name colors, Suzanne. That was especially making me wonder.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:26 pm
Stori says...

I first started really reading when I discovered the Harry Potter books. Hasn't everyone?

Not me. I started reading when I discovered Redwall. But anyway, hello and welcome!

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena