z

Young Writers Society

Hello from the North

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:42 pm
Tlahti says...

First of all: Hello! You can call me Tlahti

I am 18 years old, and I live in chilly, windy, tiny Denmark.

I am currently a student at what I think is the Danish equal to High School (but I never quite got the hang of those names).

During most of my as of now rather short life I have hated writing anything (mostly because I lacked the imagination to come up with anything, and the patience to stick to anything), but recently I have discovered the joy of writing. More precisely: writing in English. Let it be no secret that I really don't like Danish that much, and would much rather prefer to have been brough up with the English language :P

Now, some of you are probably going to ask me what I write, so I might as well say it now. Most often I write short short stories (I think they're short), and it often contains some fantasy elements, while still sticking to reality in some way. I also do what I hate(d) most about writing: writing poetry. Sometimes when I write I end up with something more or less poetic.

Anyway, I am happy to have finally found a writing community where I can receive some feedback. I am always happy to hear what people have to say, even when they say my works are rubbish.

I hope I didn't go into too much detail, or missed anything important.

Hello!
In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.
Character in avatar belongs to Sarah Ellerton.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:50 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Hey! Mu name is Jamie!

That's so cool that you hae found the joy of writing

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:54 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Howdy!

I'm from the south, of the USA that is. :D. I'm TNC, or Cowgirl. Whatever you want to call me is ok as long as I know that is what you are calling me.

Welcome to YWS the BEST site out there. I'm bias and for no reason. Anyways, writing is teh BEST, english is too. Least the language is. :P. Sorry I'm in a really good mood.

So, welcome to YWS. I hope you like your stay, and if you need anything I'm just a PM away.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 am
.:Echelon:. says...

hey welcome to yws!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have fun :D

Love
xXxRebbeccaXxX
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

Reviews: 4
Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:08 am
Kakburken says...

Welcome my fellow Scandinavian. I live just across Öresund in Sweden. Nice to see another viking find their way here - soon we'll be enough for some old-school pillaging and burning. Just like in the good old days of Lindisfarne. :twisted:

If you ever chose to write in danish, and still want someone to review it you can pass it over to me. I understand the language well enough, even if I don't really speak it.

All in all, welcome to YWS! Don't forget to review more often than you post your own work or we'll hang you by your toenails.
'Cause baby I´m a lazy thrillseeker, I hang at home watching horror movies while you're in the dark dropping smiley groovies.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie