z

Young Writers Society

I'm New and SHY!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 am
shadowed_mist says...

All my friends write, but they think my stories are the best! I never get any critism! And one of my friends writes so well that I'm not very sure that I'm that good.... I'm probably the quietest kid in my whole school, and this posting thing is new to me, so I'm not used to it.

I started writing at the age of... First grade. My most recent book that I've been working on is called Never Found. I need some kind of critisism before I blow up!
There are only two keys to a good life: the key to happiness, and the key to the house

-Marie Wingbane

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:20 am
gamechanger10 says...

Hey!

Welcome to YWS! :D

I love your name, by the way. Very...mysterious...ish. 8)

What kind of genre do you write?

I'm personally in the middle of a novel of my own called Forgotten.

Oh. Yeah. My name's Jocelyn, by the way.

Hope you love it here! It's a great site! :)

Can't wait to see your writing 'round here!

PM me if you have any questions at all. Posting and all the different forums can seem confusing at first, but it gets really easy within a few days.
I'd be glad to help with anything you need.

Happy posting!

-Jocelyn.
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

15 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:30 am
shadowed_mist says...

I write fiction/action/romance kind of stuff.

I'm Shadow. I've been roaming around as a guest for a while and reading people's stories. They're good.
There are only two keys to a good life: the key to happiness, and the key to the house

-Marie Wingbane

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:38 am
Sportgurl46 says...

hi hi :) :) it's ok if you are shy btw becuase this site will help that shyness go away QUICKLY. (trust me. i was shy too ;))
i will quickly tell you a rule that, if you don't follow it, will make everyone go crazy. (not literally, but pretty close) you must keep a ratio of 2:1 for your writing. wich means that for every 1 thing you put on YWS you must review 2 things.
ok, done with the boring stuff...now onto the gettin to know you portion of the program :)
what do you like to write?
i personally am (i think) somewhat good at dramatic poetry (if you read my work you might disagree) and photaraphy. (yes they do have a place for artwork here ;)) also, i am very fond of smilies. (you may have already noticed this fact)
anywho...if you have any questions, want any reviews (i can review almost anything) or if you just want to chat please pm me :) :) :) :)
omg lol thx HD!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:38 am
powerofthree says...

hello I'm Ryan, nice to meet you, I'm quiet too. And my skin is real pale. I'm not sure if I'll be the best critque, but I will review a story for you if you want. I also started writing in first grade, but it wasn't that good then
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:19 am
Merry_Haven says...

shadowed_mist-
Cool name. I like it. 8)
I see that you write romance. Which I totally love.
And it would be so cool to read your work!
For me, I start one story then start another. But I eventually try to finish them all.
Your Never Found story, what genre does that fall under? Romance or Action or something else?
Anyway, welcome! I hope you are most welcomed here!
See ya around. Off I go...
-Merry
~you can just call me that :wink: ~

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:11 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to the very AWESOME Young Writers Society!!

Before lurking into the AWESOMENESS, there are a few things that I want you to do. First, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will surely help you out a lot in the site. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. A review is a comment/critique to someone's work. And when you've done this, try to keep up the 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any more concerns, feel free to PM me anytime!

So what do you like to write?

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

15 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:22 pm
shadowed_mist says...

I write fiction romance. Sometimes I stray off track and it becomes action. But almost always someone falls in love behind the story. I don't know if that's exactly romance, but that's what I call it. The new book I'm writing, Never Found?

If you don't like spoilers, don't read this next part.

Its about this girl who wakes up in the middle of a huge abonded park that has a whole forest growing over it. When she finally is able to get up, she finds she is surrounded by unnaturally large leopards and a boy that can slide (change) into a lion. The girl finds out that she is actually some kind of cat god. She's in a clan called the Angel Cats, and she's the legendary white tiger. Later on she figures out that animals were smarter than humans had ever expected, and had risen against them at least over a thousand years ago. The animals won, and now the big cats ruled the world, with only one rival: the wolves.

-Marie Wingbane

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:49 pm
Chirantha says...

Hey there shadow. Great name but unusual for a girl. :wink: Welcome to YWS.

I'm Chiantha by the way.

I can't say I'm into romantic fiction that much but I like them in a way.

Your story is quite good by the way you had written it. Sort of a shapeshifting one. Please submit so I can review it.

So, feel free to PM me if you need any help.
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

15 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:54 pm
shadowed_mist says...

I'm gonna post my story right now. Look under the Action fiction forum.

-Marie Wingbane

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:34 am
.:Echelon:. says...

hey welcome to yws!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have fun :D

Love
xXxRebbeccaXxX
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

You can't fool me! I listen to public radio!
— Squidward Tentacles