z

Young Writers Society

Just like that new car smell... without the car =D

Reviews: 4
Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:37 pm
Koi says...

Hi, uh, I'm Koi... and I forgot what I was going to say :oops:
:idea: Oh yeah!

I've never been to a site quite like this. [i have an account on fanfiction.net and originally I started on quizilla but since it tanked I've been looking for somewhere new]
Anyway, I love writing and watching sci-fi/medical drama type shows. [huge stargate & house fan >.<]
Aside from writing sci-fi & original[ish] stories I like photography, cooking and fashion. I aspire to be a novelist but if that doesn't work out I'm looking into either hair stylist, cosmotologist or web design. [the third being my current focus but I may change my mind yet]

So, yeah, I think that pretty much covers everything. I'll be glad to answer any questions if you have any :D

[PS: I love editing, so if you need an editor PM me and I'll read it over :)]

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:06 am
Bickazer says...

Whoo hoo! A Stargate fan! Stargate fans, UNITE!!!

Er, yeah. Sorry, but hey, it's always fun to meet people who share your interests, particularly the more obscure your interests are. So, welcome to YWS. I'm pretty new here too but I'm liking it quite a deal. The people here are all helpful and offer in-depth, constructive criticism, which has been a major blessing to me.

Hey, I like writing scifi too...:) Out of curiosity, though, what kind of scifi? Like grand Star Trek/Star Wars/Foundation style space opera, or more actiony stuff, or more dystopian steampunk stuff? Just want to know...

Well, if you like editing maybe you could take a look at my stuff? And I'll gladly look at your stuff in return, once you post it. Maybe we could become friends? :D
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:13 am
thething912 says...

I am guessing that someone gave you those points otherwise, the points system is felling generous today. Anyway, I will stop taking about this inconsequential topic. Um… Welcome to YWS I think you came to the right place as we are a fun and very accommodating site for those truly intrigued by the art of writing. I know this is somewhat irrelevant but I like Kois they're cool.
Check out my website for my Photography.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:16 am
Meshugenah says...

Eeeeeee, Stargate AND House? *grins* oh yes, you'll be fine, here. At least if I say so. And I do! Because, srsly, anyone who goes for those two is le awesome. And not just because I love them, too. Really. Nope!

Questions... um, do you have any questions?

Also! We love editors, here. Yessum we do! What do you edit? Fiction? I tend to eat poetry, so fiction is a little foreign to me.

Anyhoo, welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it! And feel free to PM me anytime!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:22 am
rubberduck says...

Ooh. House. Haha.
House rocks. :D

Alrighty... Welcome to YWS, Koi!

Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section if you haven't yet.
It'll help answer any questions that you may have about this site. ^^

We've got a Buddy System too. Go check it out! You may find it helpful.

My dad loves Sci-fi. I think he likes this show... Battlestar Galactica or something.. (Sorry, I can't remember.)

Well, I hope you enjoy your time here in YWS!
If you need any help, feel free to PM me. :)

Seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:31 am
Koi says...

Thank you for the welcome everyone =]
[saying it here so I don't repeat myself xD]

Bickazer wrote:Whoo hoo! A Stargate fan! Stargate fans, UNITE!!!

*paragraph taken out*

Hey, I like writing scifi too...:) Out of curiosity, though, what kind of scifi? Like grand Star Trek/Star Wars/Foundation style space opera, or more actiony stuff, or more dystopian steampunk stuff? Just want to know...

Well, if you like editing maybe you could take a look at my stuff? And I'll gladly look at your stuff in return, once you post it. Maybe we could become friends? :D

I like the whole horror/sci-fi/drama mix, but it's got a basic sci-fi genre so I just call it that ^.^'

And I'll gladly take a look at your work =]
And I know i'm going to sound like a total noob but... dystopian steampunk? [so confused >.<]

thething912 wrote:I am guessing that someone gave you those points otherwise, the points system is felling generous today. Anyway, I will stop taking about this inconsequential topic. Um… Welcome to YWS I think you came to the right place as we are a fun and very accommodating site for those truly intrigued by the art of writing. I know this is somewhat irrelevant but I like Kois they're cool.

I'm so confused about the whole points system thing so I have no idea what you're talking about :oops:

Meshugenah wrote:*paragraph taken out*

Questions... um, do you have any questions?

Also! We love editors, here. Yessum we do! What do you edit? Fiction? I tend to eat poetry, so fiction is a little foreign to me.

*line taken out*
Mesh

Yeah, fiction. Mostly.
I've never been too good at poetry so I tend to veer away from the stuff *nervous laugh*
Probably shouldn't do that, since I've been told it helps with writing :)

rubberduck wrote:
Alrighty... Welcome to YWS, Koi!

Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section if you haven't yet.
It'll help answer any questions that you may have about this site. ^^

We've got a Buddy System too. Go check it out! You may find it helpful.

*lines taken out*

-Max.

Yeah they helped answer a few, but I was still confused on a few things until I started exploring. :D
And I may just have to check that buddy thing out, it sounds different than any other site I've been on.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:44 am
powerofthree says...

I would love to edit anyone's stories of any genre for any of you, just PM me or post here. I would love to chat with you too, I don't know many people here :(
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:50 am
gamechanger10 says...

Who doesn't like House?

Raise your hands you unAmerican fiends!

Yeah. No hands. Didn't think so.

haha. Alright.

So, hey, my name's Jocelyn, I'd be happy to help you in any way you find it...helpful, I guess.

PM me if you have any troubles, questions, or just want to talk! I'll probably on be on the computer most of my spare time anyway! :D

OoOoOoOo!!! I just noticed, you're Canadian! Canada rocks!...well...in my opinion.

Anyhow...Hope to see your writings around here soon!

-Jocelyn.
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:14 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to the very AWESOME Young Writers Society!!

Before anything else, there are some things that I want you to do. First, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will surely help you out a lot in the site. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. A review is a comment/critique to someone's work. And when you've done this, try to keep up the 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any more concerns, feel free to PM me!

So what do you like to write?

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:32 pm
Koi says...

powerofthree wrote:I would love to edit anyone's stories of any genre for any of you, just PM me or post here. I would love to chat with you too, I don't know many people here :(

You can edit my stuff when I eventually post it. If you want to that is :)

gamechanger10 wrote:*lines taken out*

OoOoOoOo!!! I just noticed, you're Canadian! Canada rocks!...well...in my opinion.

Anyhow...Hope to see your writings around here soon!

-Jocelyn.

Haha, you must not be from Canada xD
[sorry, I'm not very happy about this country right now, if you haven't noticed :D]

And I hope I do as well, if I ever figure out what to write.

casey_kent wrote:Hi there!

Welcome to the very AWESOME Young Writers Society!!

Before anything else, there are some things that I want you to do. First, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will surely help you out a lot in the site. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. A review is a comment/critique to someone's work. And when you've done this, try to keep up the 2:1 review-post ratio.

*lines taken out*

Yeah I'm going to try and do the whole 4:1 ratio, just in case I forget xD

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:33 am
.:Echelon:. says...

hey welcome to yws!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have fun :D

Love
xXxRebbeccaXxX
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye