z

Young Writers Society

Shedding light on RowanHowler

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:54 am
RowanHowler says...

Once upon a time, in a galaxy far far away, nothing happened because I hadn't thought it up it yet. To remedy this, I built kingdoms with my beanie babies,pierced their ears, dressed them in capes and created a social hierarchy and complex history for each land. There were arranged marriages, daring princesses who taught the boys a thing or two. My favorite kind of evil villain was what i called "a collector" and he went around collecting the coolest people in the kingdom and keeping them prisoner. I used to think this was really strange, but now it seems like most teenage authors have done similar things. Maybe our brains just run on another wave length.

I began a great many written stories at age twelve, which all crumpled and died. Eight years later, after the great battle known as High School and the siege of College, I finally got past chapter ten on a story called "Devil's Book". I'm now on chapter thirty and I will finish it this year for sure and begin the editing process. College still threatens every now and then, but we are currently on good terms.

I'm an English major with an emphasis on writing. I hope to go into publishing as a business, as well as become published myself. I'm currently a junior and I'm spending a semester in London, taking classes and working at a publishing internship for a magazine. I'm most excited for my "writing children's literature" class, for reasons a writing site should find obvious.

Who am I as a person? I'm a bit emotional and I think my personality would look most like blue sticky putty if it took a form, because I pick up a little of everything I come into contact with. love the color blue to an unhealthy degree, probably because I have a twin brother so I never got to wear it as a child. I always ended up in pink dresses. How can anyone actually explain themselves in writing? I'd have to write a novel. I'm just a "young adult" trying to be as together and intelligent as everyone seems to expect of me, though it seems impossible. I'm scared about my future but I have more direction than most people I know so far.

I'm probably a stereotypical college girl. I like wine, lol, but I do not like to be drunk. I love to read but in school I never have time. I'm not exceptionally social- how many writers have that problem? I bet most of them. I have small group of friends and that's enough. I can barely handle them.

My favorite subject is fantasy horror. Think vampires, witches, and werewolves. Occasionally I'll mix in romance but it's always scary obsessive romance, lol. I'm so healthy. My sister has a word to describe my normal behavior that sums it up well- "passive". I'm easygoing most of the time but occasionally I get fired up and all hell breaks loose. That's me in a nutshell. If you want to know other things just post the questions in yoru review and I'll see if I can add it.
Is it any wonder I'm tired?
Is it any wonder that I feel uptight?
Is it any wonder I don't know what's right?
Keane

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:51 pm
jones32 says...

This was interesting, i can tell you're a good writer, even from this short piece.
Although it wasn't a story the writing still flowed, was easy to read and made sense in my head.
it was very descriptive, well worded and i feel i know you allready lol.
i will definately have to check out your portfolio.
i'm so lost x5

Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.
— Seneca