z

Young Writers Society

Woah. A writer's forum.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:32 am
Salliewalker says...

Sooo... an aquaintence of mine talked about this site, and I became interested. Then I googled this site (google is your friend), found out about it, and joined. I write poetry, some short (very short) stories, and things like that. I won't talk too much about the quality of my work, but if you want to read them, you'll find out :).

So besides posting my work on here (and finding out that Gaiaonline's yellow smileys are getting very popular), I'd be interested in getting to know some of ya'll here ;).

Edit:
Guess it can't hurt to talk about myself a bit. I'm a senior that's about to graduate, I can be really nice and really sadistic too sometimes (I'm sure some of you already found out on my profile). I'm Baptist, but prefered to be called Christian. I love manga... fanfiction... anime... that sort of stuff. Oh, and my computer. Can't live without it!

I also make graphics and do web design, so if any of you need help towards that particular area, I'd be glad to help. If I'm not able to, that's because it's the busy season where homework is coming loads upon loads on top of me and I need some space to breathe easy :).
Last edited by Salliewalker on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faith is God Given. We cannot rely on our own faith, but in trusting that He is always there for us.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:09 am
happy-go-lucky says...

Hey Salliewalker and welcome to YWS! If you have any questions check out the rules section or feel free to PM me!

Happy writing

xx
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:46 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

First, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will help you out a lot. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. Please do not break this rule and as well as the other rules.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:34 am
Merry_Haven says...

Salliewalker-
Cute name. I like it.
I'm glad you became interested in YWS. And I hope this place is very welcoming to you.
Oh, and welcome!
I would like to check out your short stories, anytime. I'm not a huge poetry person.
Well, it's great to meet you. See ya.
-Merry

18 Reviews

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:05 pm
Salliewalker says...

@ Casey:

Heheh, thanks. I'll be sure to check that then.

@ Merry:

Thanks~
I'm more of a fanfiction writer though. I have some short stories I've written for school, but that's about it. Another initiative to join this writer's forum is to boost my motive to write ><.

@ Happy-go-lucky:

Gotta say I love your name x).

@ everyone:

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Faith is God Given. We cannot rely on our own faith, but in trusting that He is always there for us.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:41 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hey loveing the name im rebbecca the storybook princess(roleplaying things)

Hope you enjoy this site it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

luv becca
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:34 pm
aestar101 says...

Welcome to the YWS. Can't wait to read some of your work :D
Character is what you have left when you've lost everything you can lose. - Evan Esar
Like my opinions a lot? Let me critique you. topic29146.html

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:03 am
rubberduck says...

Hmm... Perhaps I'm a little too late.
Then again.. Who wouldn't appreciate a welcome, no matter how late? :D

Welcome to YWS!

My name's Max. How do you do?
I'm fond of greetings, how 'bout you?
Tell me more about yourself, I wanna know!
(Ok. I can't think of anything else to add. Haha.)

Well then, what genres are your short stories written in?
I write fantasy and some poetry so if you need any help in those areas, feel free to ask.

Well then,
seeya 'round!

-Max,
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

18 Reviews

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:51 pm
Salliewalker says...

@ Max:

Late is just as good (except homework) ;P.

Wow this site is really friendly... I'm used to big forums, like Gaia and that Lotr forum I used to be a part of (account now probably dead and gone).

Well, I guess it won't hurt to reveal some things asides from my Social Security, name, and address ;). *goes to edit first post*

I enjoy fantasy, but don't write any sadly. I'm personally struggling with one or two drama stories, completed a few fanfiction, and some poetry too which I'll be posting up sometime.

And thanks for the offer~

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta