z

Young Writers Society

Need help deciding my schedule?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:17 pm
View Likes
Lena says...

I'm entering my freshman year at high school, and for some reason I wasn't given ANY electives. (lame, I'm the only person that happened to) Instead of Art and Creative cooking, I was stuck with German (useless language) and world history.

I'm just looking for advice coming from people who have already been through high school/ are still in high school but have somehow lived through a couple of years.

Anyway, this is mostly about advanced placement and honors classes.

I already have 2 honors classes, and I'm taking Geometry as a freshman instead of as a sophomore.
My actual honors classes are Language Arts and Earth Science. They are two of my strong points, so I don't really worry about them as much.

My real question involves the fact that my mom just got an email from my counselor -(every kid at our school has to go to the counselor, I don't know how it is at your school)- asking if I wanted to do AP (advanced placement) World History. It would be a college level course with only one other freshman in it. The rest would be juniors, seniors and a couple sophomores. Do you think this is too much?

I'm not trying to show off all my 'big' classes, I'm smart I guess but I've never really tried all that hard in school. However, I've still usually gotten either a 4.0 or a 3.8-.9.

Thank you.
Lena

EDIT: dude german has absolutely NO economic value
Last edited by Lena on Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she's a runner, rebel and a stunner, lookin' down the barrel of a hot metal .45, just another way to survive...

myspace? http://www.myspace.com

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:50 am
View Likes
alwaysawriter says...

For your schedule, think it over. Are you okay with being one of the two freshmen? Will you have time for the extra homework? Etc. I'm just a freshman too but those are the questions I would ask myself.

*runs off to finish getting ready for school*

PM me if you need anything. :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Reviews: 3
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:41 pm
View Likes
germangrlzrule says...

um I for one think german is very useful.....
CHECK OUT MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!
& friend request me

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm
View Likes
ProfessorRabbit says...

Don't do it. Who needs AP World History? Take a regular history class and save your strength for important AP classes.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

Chickens are honestly little dinosaurs. And they know it.
— ChieRynn