z

Young Writers Society

About Bickazer

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:53 am
Bickazer says...

Well, I haven't posted one of these yet, so I guess I will...

I'm Bickazer. I'm a high school junior (that's eleventh grade/year for those not in the states) and live in an undisclosed location in the Southwestern United States of America. Go Michael Phelps. I am a first-generation American as my parents came here from China to earn degrees (or something like that), but had me and my twin sister so decided to stay. And I've lived here ever since. I can't read Chinese though, but am okay at speaking it. >_>

I like to start things but never finish them. That is a bad habit I must change. My preferrred genres for writing are science fiction and fantasy, but nothing terribly hardcore. I am not very partial to high fantasy or vampires, or most romance unless it's done well. I've been writing seriously since I was eleven but refuse to look at anything I wrote more than two years ago, as it is all utter dreck. Not to say that what I write right now isn't dreck, but it's not utter dreck. There's a difference.

Currently I have two major projects I'm investing in--one is called The Zenith Cycle, and it will be an epic six-book series encompassing scifi and fantasy genres. I've currently decided it is too epic and I am too inexperienced to carry it out, so I have stashed it aside for now. Because hubris is the worst sin possible. Still, if you wanna check out (and comment) on the first novel's prologue, it's in the Science Fiction forum. Another idea I have is a little less ambitious but slightly weirder and more unconventional, and I have yet to post it. I've also written several short stories on the side (three I submitted to my school district's writing contest, two of which won first place convincing me I live in a district of half-brained morons). Expect my writing output to decrease from now, since school has started and the PSAT is in October, and soon Academic Decathlon will kick into high gear. Meaning that come February, you won't see ANYTHING from me because I'll be too busy cramming my head with minutiae about Latin America and evolutionary biology.

Well, that's enough rambling about uninteresting old me for now. Please resume your normal lives. *smiles and waves*
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

Reviews: 3
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:46 pm
germangrlzrule says...

um cool. arew you like country cause you said southwestern?
CHECK OUT MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!
& friend request me

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:53 pm
Clo says...

The Zenith cycle is a cool title. Me approve!

Welcome. :)
How am I not myself?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:18 pm
Bickazer says...

Thanks; I thought long and hard on it (no, I didn't).

Actually, I agonized for a VERY long time about where it should be a "cycle", a "series", a "sequence", or a whatever-have-you. "Cycle" is very appropriate, what with the series's overarching astronomy theme, but I was afraid of evoking the Inheritance not-Trilogy. Because I dislike those books greatly and don't wish for my magnum opus to be connected to them. >_>

If you'd like to see the faintest hintings of what my magnum opus may eventually contain, check out the Science Fiction forum...waitaminnit, I already said that in my intro post.
Ah, it is an empty movement. That is an empty movement. It is.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:11 am
sokool15 says...

YO!
Haven't checked this out yet - Welcome. Good to know all about you. :P
Pm is ON THE WAY! :D

(yeah, call me random, but I just felt like commenting, because I'm special that way.)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote