z

Young Writers Society

Hi :)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:24 pm
swaysway says...

Hi! My name is Hilary. I'm seventeen & I enjoy writing young adult fiction. Lets see...I'm really into animal rights, and I work at a convenience store, which I hate. :roll: It's been the best inspiration to start writing more, so that someday I can quit my job, a ha ha. Anyhow...I am definitely not the most prolific of authors, but I try. All of my writing is pretty dark; I'm not exactly a rainbows and kittens kind of person, if you get what I'm saying. :wink: I guess that is it. See you around,
- Hilary
p.s, sorry if I'm already signed up on here, I couldn't remember my old screen name.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:45 pm
Merry_Haven says...

Hilary-
Welcome to YWS!! I hope you are most welcome.

Make sure you check out the Help and Support tab up on the top. It's Rules, FAQ, and much more.

When you say you write dark stories...what do you mean by that? Like under what genre?

Well, it's great to know a little about you...off I go.

-Merry{oh, just call me that}

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:05 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Hi, Hilary! Welecome to YWS!

Please remember to post two reviews before posting your own work. After that, keep the ratio of works to reviews 1:2.

This concludes your automated message.

*Beep*

Thank goodness. Sorry about that.

Anyway, welecome to YWS!

Dark? Dark is good. Rainbows and kittens are evil things in writing. Everything should be at list a little bit dark. What genre do you write?

Hmm...I can't seem to make out who your avatar is. I think it's Carrie Underwood, but I'm not quite positive.

You'll LOVE YWS! THe communtity is great, and you can get very helpful reviews.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:05 pm
Alainna says...

Hello, hello and welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

What better motivation to get writing than the thought of eternity in a convenience store? Maybe I should take up a job.....might help with the writers block!

As already said, you may want to take a look at the Help & Support tab, it is very helpful. You can also pm me with any questions you may have, if you would like a crit, or even just want a chat. You may also want to take a look at the Buddy System.

All the best and I hope you like it around here.

See you,

Alainna

xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:30 pm
Layleun says...

Heya Hilary, welcome to YWS!

I think we're all slowly going to the darker side of writing so you'll be fine here ;) We all like dark stories, there are a few who're rainbows and kitten people but I'm sure they'll still critique you ^.^

It's alright if you're already signed up. It just might be a drawback if you posted some stories. You'll just have to repost I guess.

Well, that's pretty much it. Read the writes, write your brains out and make some friends. PM me or write on my guestbook if you need anything. I'm around a lot. Best of luck!

Welcome to the Family,
Lupe

5 Reviews

Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:19 pm
swaysway says...

Thanks guys. And yeah, Thunder Dude, that is Carrie Underwood, you win a million dollars for guessing right. =D
Anyway, I'm glad I'm not alone in my darkness, for I fear that it is quite chronic and I see no cure in the immediate future. 8) And speaking of my hideous job, I'm off in less than an hour for my second week of training. Ugh. :(

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:01 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

:lol: Well, good luck with the training! Have a rave!

Oh yeah and most of us on here are for darker, sadder stories anyway. There's barely any sugar-coated stuff on here these days.

Carrie Underwood :ftw:

I hope you spend many a happy hour here at YWS!

PM me if you need anything answered, feel a bit lost, or just need a chat. :D

Au Revoir!

xxx
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

5 Reviews

Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:17 am
swaysway says...

thanks very much :)
and yay, carrie is love. <3

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:18 pm
View Likes
*singerofthenight* says...

AWESOME! another Carrie fan. Oh and me and you are totally going to get along. I'm a big supporter of animal rights.

I'm Jennie by the way.

Usually, I try to be the first one to greet people, but I haven't really been on that much lately. Welcome to YWS by the way

~chao
"Hello, is this thing on?"

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:46 am
keirab says...

Hey, Hilary! Welcome!

I'm really into animal rights, too. What kinds of rights are you into specifically?

Dark writing is, in my opinion, pretty much the best writing. I'll look forward to reading some of the things you post.

So Carrie Underwood, eh? Are you an American Idol fan or do you just like Carrie?

PM me if you need anything or just want to talk!

-Keira
Sgt: Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.
Palin: What if he's got a bunch?

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:39 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!

First, please read the rules and the FAQ. This will help you out a lot. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything. Please do not break this rule and as well as the other rules.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me!

AWESOME! You like Carrie Underwood? Me too. I absolutely adore her.

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

5 Reviews

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:43 pm
swaysway says...

Thank you guys! Not really American Idol, just Carrie. I sort of think the show itself has gone downhill since it's early days, but meh maybe that's just me. I watch it from time to time, but I'm not an avid viewer. I don't really have specific animal rights that I support more than others, I just believe in equality and fairness for all living things and not eating anything with a face.

I have to ask. Does every question or statement regarding the quote generator end up in the quote generator?
— WeepingWisteria