z

Young Writers Society

Blue Oranges rock.

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:40 pm
Blue-Orange says...

Hallo people of YWS!

I am Lykaios. I have an accound under that name too but I never got my authorization email . . . :(

So I made a new account instead. :)

Well, I like to read and write childrens stories, generally in the fantasy/historical genres and I've dabbled a bit in poetry.

I am a memeber on several other teenage writing forums and I also have my own site too.

Yeah, I'm rubbish at these welcome things but hi to you all. *Waves*

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:53 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hi,

Welcome to Yws.

Make sure you read the Rules and Guides under the Help and Support wiki at the far right on the top.

If you need anything including friendship, let me know.

I hope to see your work around.
Last edited by Night Mistress on Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:56 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey Lykaios! Welcome to YWS:) *waves back*

I'm glad you didn't let that lack-of-confirmation-e-mail-for-first-attempted-account discourage you from trying again. And I'm glad it worked this time:)

I'm sure you're going to have a perfectly maaaarvelous time here, dare I say more than your other forums? Well, I won't. :D

Yay for poetry!!!! And kudos to you for the children's stories too. They're not as easy to write as they might seem, are they?

But we have a ton of stuff for you to check out, it's really great. We have usergroups, our own e-zine Squills, we have contests, our generators (to see what those are, put your mouse over Community and on the drop-down menu that appears, click 'downloads and games'), and a whole bunch of other stuff.

A good place to look if you're feeling a little confused, or even if you're not, is Help and Support, which I see Night Mistress already pointed out. Also, please read the FAQ.

Oh, also, a really fabulous way of getting a little help as you get started here is The Buddy System. They do a much better job of explaining how it works and what it's for over in that area, so I'll just leave it to them, but I would definitely encourage you to at least take a look. I wish I'd known about this when I first came here (if they had it back then, but whatev).

Any questions, let me know!!!!

*ADNA*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:24 pm
Snoink says...

Fantasy and Historical fiction? That's awesome! If I may, I want to recommend to you the book, "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley. It is extensively researched, yet it contains many fantastic fantasy elements in it, which makes it horribly yummy. It's about King Arthur and there is sex, so watch out, if that isn't your sort of thing, but if you don't mind, I think you would love it. :)

What's your website, do you mind sharing? :) *is a nosy webmistress too*

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you! I am a moderator, which means that I can help you with nearly everything on this site. If you have any questions, just bug me and I'll get on it right away. :) See you around the forums!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:34 pm
Merry_Haven says...

Blue-Orange-
Hey, welcome! *waves back* {even thought everyone else said that. :wink:} but hey it's from me...

Sorry about the authorization email. It must of been a pain to start everything over again. Or not. But. I'm glad you started a new one!!

Historical? Yeah! I just love that genre, with a mix of romance. Of course. What era do you write in? Ancient? Regency? Victorian? Or something else?
I write the whole Regency time period. Gotta love it. :D

Anyway, it's great to get to know a little about you. Off I go...
-Merry

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:59 am
Demeter says...

Hi there, Blue-Orange!

Welcome to YWS! I have to say I like your username a lot :) I'm Demeter *curtsy*

How have you liked the site so far? I think it's awesome that you write children's stories, I really hope you'll post some of them here so I can take a look on them! But remember to do two reviews (or more) before posting ;)

You can PM me if you have any problems! I'll see you around.

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:59 pm
Blue-Orange says...

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

My favourite eras are World War Two, Medieval, and 1800s (England). :) At the moment I'm writing a fantasy story set in 1800s, I'm having a few problems with it though.

Thank you Snoink, for the reccomendation, I'll see if I can find it. I like King Arthur-y books. Have you seen Bonekickers on BBC? That was great for historical stuff and about Arthurian Legends. :)
Also my website-forum is: http://s1.zetaboards.com/Spattered_Ink/index

I think this is the biggest writing forum I've joined, I'm on two other big forums (YWO and TW) as well as a couple little ones on zetaboards. My username is Lykaios on all of them though.

Thanks for the tips on the reviews, will do. :)

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:33 pm
Kyuubi says...

Hey there!! Hope you are enjoying the loverly scenery here in YWS. It's marvelous. Really. I can't wait to check out your work. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help.

~Wolfie~

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:39 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

Hey and welcome to young writers society,

fantasy rocks!!

if you need any help on storybooks and groups im your girl,

Sighed
XxXSerenityStillxXx
Rebbecca xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana