z

Young Writers Society

I'm an oldie... seriously!

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:02 pm
Jesooz says...

I'm not really. Hey there, I'm some new guy. I'm sure you get about ten newbie threads a day, so you'll glance at this, scroll down and then type in a "Welcome, new person" then take off and do something much more interesting. BUT I don't blame you at all! I'm sure you're all good people and that we'll get along (hopefully). So, yeah, about me...

I'd rather not tell you my name so early, but I'll give you some other details. I'm British, residing in England and I write scripts. I want to convert my scripts into cartoons and put them in a webcomic free for everyone to view. I used to write novels, but I packed it in because I started one after the other and couldn't keep all the plots in my mind and then I just... let them all collapse. Anyway, I'm currently writing a script that's sort of a satirical fantasy. The series (that's what I'm calling it) is called Netherworld (sounds cliche, doesn't it?) and the first part is called An Unforeseen Incident. The parts won't be very long, I hope to finish ten at the least. They may, however, take a while to draw. I'm afraid I'm not much of an artist at the moment, but I only started a week ago so I'm still learning. Don't bite my head off, please!

Okay, that's... it. I'm sorry for wasting your time, if you were so kind as to read the last paragraph, and I hope I can help contribute to the site and you can help me with my writings.

Ciao!
Last edited by Jesooz on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:07 pm
happy-go-lucky says...

Heya Jesooz and welcome to YWS (even though you didn't want me to say that)!

I won't say all the usual 'PM me if you have questions' and the whole '2:1 ratio' thing because you told me not to :D lol

Netherworld doesn't sound cliche!

Anyway, bye!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:32 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hi welcome =]
Read the rules blah blah blah
I like the sound of your scripts! I like webcomics, d'you read some ones yourself or do you just plan to write one? I used to like one that was called Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire - it's really good ^__^
If you post your scripts in the scripts bit, I'm sure people will read them, and if you finish drawing a chapter you can post it in the art bit and people will check out your artwork.

Don't worry about people biting your head off. No one's gonna do that.

I'm Ruth by the way, I'm British as well ^_^ hurray (I don't know why that's such a good thing).

Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:36 pm
Jesooz says...

I might check out that webcomic. The only one I'm reading right now is Megatokyo. I tried reading Applegeeks, but that didn't do it for me. I prefer webcomics with a plot, not gag-a-day ones that are really boring.
Signature.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:45 am
Snoink says...

As far as webcomics, I used to LOVE Soul-d, but it hasn't been around since 2005. :(

Anyway, it's good that you're starting this. I tried my hand at webcomicing, but I failed... it's hard for me to put the pictures into art. I'm glad you are more successful. It's nice having artists around. Especially nice when they make you fan art... ;)

Nah, just kidding. :) It's nice to see you around and maybe we'll see some comics from you yet? :)

Also, just because I should warn you, I'm a moderator, which means I basically make sure everybody is happy on YWS. So if you're confused or you sense something is wrong, just bug me and I'll look into it. And if you have any questions, bug me too. I'm here to help you! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:18 am
Jesooz says...

You don't have to baby me, I do know what mods are. This isn't the only writing site I'm on, I've been on two others for a while now. But thanks for your concern anyway!
Signature.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:40 am
Demeter says...

Hey there, Jesooz!

Wow, you write scripts! I'd like to take a look on them once you've posted some. I don't read scripts often, though, so probably I'm not the best person to review them. But anyway.

Well, even if you didn't want to, I'm here to be PMed if you need any help.

By the way, great signature and great avatar! ;)

Demeter xx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:28 am
Jesooz says...

Thanks, Demeter. I have posted a script, but you don't have to crit it if you don't want to. And thanks, the avatar suits me 'cos I don't particularly look like a nerd on the outside, but I am on the inside. A lot. Heh.
Signature.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:36 am
sofi says...

Hey there Jesooz! :D

How do you like YWS so far? I've been on a few other sites as well, and I really think this one is the best!

I'm not very good at reviewing scripts, mainly because I don't really know how they work with all those stage directions and all sorts haha so I'll have a look but I doubt you'll get any useful advice out of me!

Anyways I think everyone else has covered everything else soo just let me know if you have any questions about anything- or if you decide to write something other than a scrpit and want some critiques!

Sofi
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:22 pm
Jesooz says...

Well, mine's not really a play script, it's more TV show-esque, if that makes sense. I think YWS is pretty good. I know I'll be guaranteed a good crit here and the people here are nice (except when they crit me, but that's alright 'cos I'm pretty mean when I crit, too).
Signature.

I'm getting nachos~
— BluesClues