z

Young Writers Society

Hey everyone!

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:11 am
Carlito says...

Hi, I'm Carly. I'm 16 and I live in Iowa.
I love reading and writing. My favorite book is a three way tie. I can't rank them, it's too hard. They are The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling, and The Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson. If you haven't read these you seriously should.
I am a huge Harry Potter geek. I dressed up like Hermione for the 7th book's release and was the third one in the store to get it. I love to knit so I'm currently knitting two of my friends outfits for the 6th movie.
I'm also a big band geek. I play the trombone in Marching Band (<3), Wind Symphony (the top wind assemble), Jazz band, and show choir band.
My favorite color is lavender and I love dogs.
I'm excited to start putting my work on here and getting some feedback and reading everyone else's stories.
:D

Reviews: 4
Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:32 am
dreaming_in_poetry says...

Hey! I just activated my account about 30 seconds ago.
I also love Stephanie Meyer's books and the Maximum Ride series. Those books are so funny! I have to say I beg to differ on the subject of Harry Potter; the seventh book killed the series for me.
Last edited by dreaming_in_poetry on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:32 am
Jay says...

Hey Carly! Welcome to YWS. I play the trombone too! It sounds like you'll fit in here and have a great time. Feel free to PM me if you heve any questions.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:08 am
Carlito says...

dreaming_in_poetry wrote:Hey! I just activated my account about 30 seconds ago. I'm actually around your age...
I also love Stephanie Meyer's books and the Maximum Ride series. Those books are so funny! I have to say I beg to differ on the subject of Harry Potter; the seventh book killed the series for me.

Man, the 7th one is my favorite!
Have you read Max #4? I think it sucked. James Patterson totally wrecked it.
Did you like Breaking Dawn? :D

Reviews: 4
Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:12 am
dreaming_in_poetry says...

The fourth Maximum Ride was so anticlimatic. And that weird box-guy kind of passed the realm of probablity and catapulted the book into fantasy.

Breaking Dawn was very good, but it was so different from what I was expecting I don't know if I liked it or not... The Volturi disappointed me... I was counting on them to give more conflict to the book...

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:32 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Carly!

Welcome to the AWESOME YWS!

Okay, since you obviously know that YWS is so AWESOME, we've got some things for you to do before lurking to the AWESOMENESS. First, please read the rules and the FAQ. It will help you out a lot. Since you have already the post and review rule, you're all good, as long as you follow all the other rules too.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me!

Oooh, you like Twilight? Cool, me too. Although I kinda hated the last book, Breaking Dawn. It's too perfect, everyone's happy, except Irina. I was waiting for a some kind of twist. How about you? Your views about the saga?

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:06 am
Night Mistress says...

Hi carly,

welcome to yws,

if you need anything, let me know.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:33 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

YAY! YET ANOTHER PERSON WHO LIKES DOGS!

Sorry about that.

Anyway, based on your favorite series, I'm guessing you like fantasy. YES! FANTASY CRUSHES ALL!!!!!11one

Anyway, Casey handled the official stuff. I've read the Harry Potter book 1-6, thought they were pretty good. They aren't my favorite, but they're good. I haven't read the others.

Anyway, PM me with any questions you may have.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:00 pm
jasmine12 says...

Hey Carly. I just started posting things up two days ago so I'm new too. I love the Twilight saga and the Maximum Ride series. (please excuse my misspellings) I've always read the Harry Potter books out of habbit but they are awsome. I cant wait for the movies to come out for all three series. It's exciting.
If you need anything that needs reviewing let me know and I'll d whast I can to help.
Good Luck.
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:31 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Heyyyyy!!!! I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. Hooray! Another band geek like me! I also play the trombone in the marching band (Go Trojans!) and play clarinet and oboe in concert. I don't know if I will be in the jazz band this year.

Anyway, glad to meet you and if you have any questions to be answered or just need a friend, I'm your girl! See you. Peace 8)
Last edited by blacktiger3915 on Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:18 pm
Demeter says...

Hello there and welcome!

I like Harry Potter, too! (Well, in fact I don't know many people who wouldn't :) ) It's nice to have you here!

I never have the patience for knitting, I prefer sewing. However, I've knitted a few scarves, mittens and even a pair of socks ;) But I like doing things with my hands, if you know what I mean!

I've been to Iowa! Whoohoo! A miracle has happened! Haha :D

Well, anyways, I hope you'll love the site (I know you will) and if you have any questions, just PM me!

See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:35 pm
Snoink says...

Hello! It's awesome that you play trombone and stuff. I've been playing clarinet, but I haven't practiced very much lately, so I kind of fail at life. I am hoping that you don't follow my path. :P But then again, you play a trombone. What's not to love about practicing? XD

Still, seeing as you are a band geek, you are definitely going to want to join this usergroup (which is basically a mini group within YWS) called Band Geek Anonymous. I think you'll enjoy it. Also, there are some usergroups that deal with HP and Twilight, so you should join those as well. ^^

By the way, just to be official and stuff, I'm a mod, which means if you need anything at all, just ask. I'm here to help you.

Welcome to YWS!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Courage, my soul! Now learn to wield the weight of thine immortal shield...
— Andrew Marvell