z

Young Writers Society

Normal Really isn't my style

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:27 am
RoryLegend says...

Hey guys! So before I get all conceded and start talking about myself I want to tell everyone just how much I love this site. YWS has gotten me through a lot and been a lot of fun and I really love it. Thank goodness for Nate. I'm so glad he created this place!

So here is a little bit about me.

1. Before I got this account I had a different one, but it was a long time ago and I can't remember the user name I had. Now I keep it simple with RoryLegend

2. I was homeschooled in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. And if I didn't play sports I would be homeschooled in high school.

3. When I grow up (though I am not sure I ever will) I want to make movie. All kinds of movie. Musicals, dramas, comedies, the works. I want to direct and edit and maybe I'll get some screen time, but I don't want to act. (If you want to know why I want to be a film maker just ask, but be prepared for a long response)

4. I play no instruments but I am trying to learn the guitar. (Help would be lovely...if you know of websites and such)

5. I still havn't made a movie, despite my passion to be a film maker. I have written scripts but there is no one to help me make a movie and I'm worried I won't get into the school I want because of lack of a portfolio.

6. I am going to start my junior year and I already know where I am applying and have gotten applications to work on (most people here don't start until senior year) I'm applying to: Full Sail in Florida, UCLA in California, New York Film Academy in New York, Met Film School in London, and L.A. Film in Los Angeles. The one I really want to go to is Met Film School in London though.

7. My best friend is also my cousin and we are nine months and one day apart.

8. I love driving, just driving. Which is why I now pay for my own gas lol. But my favorite thing to do is ride top down in our mustang (which we are selling...tear)

9. I go to the movies almost every weekend with my best friend...it is almost an official tradition.

10. I am afraid of Ovens. Deathly afraid actually.

11. I clean at a hospital for $10 an hour. It is pretty nifty.

12. I'm not like most people. A lot of my "friends" at school consider me a social inconvenience but I don't really care. I like being weird.

13. My mom was in my high school yearbook this year and last year more than I was.

14. I am the oldest of five kids, but I was an only child for the first three years of my life, and on my first christmas my grand mother spent over $1000 dollars on me. Which is sick...you could feed Africa with that. Well, part of Africa.

15. I usually make my bed right before I go to sleep.

16. I get teased about my big ears. Dumbo is a crowd favorite.

17. I wish I had someone to write letters to. Anyone really. I guess I would love to write letters to a stranger. I don't know. I think it would be fun.

18. 40 kids under the age of 14 live on my street. I am the oldest on on the street.

19. Nsync was my favorite boy band when I was younger. I had the shirts, magazines, collectable lunch box, all of the album. And I was convinced that Lance Bass and I would one day be married.

20. I don't think I'm a good writer but I need the practice and the help. So if you would help me out by reading some of my stuff that'd be great. (Sorry to pull this on you.) But I would greatly appreciate the help.

Yeah I think I talked about myself way too much. Wow I am so conceded.

Well thanks for reading!
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:45 pm
Sakah says...

Hiya Rory!

10. I am afraid of Ovens. Deathly afraid actually.

Heh, we have something in common! In Home Ec, I'd always have someone else use the oven.

8. I love driving, just driving. Which is why I now pay for my own gas lol. But my favorite thing to do is ride top down in our mustang (which we are selling...tear)

Ooh, I like to drive too! My parents owned a car that I loved to drive called The Chariot of Cheap, but they had to get rid of it :(
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:34 am
powerofthree says...

I hate ovens too, but I love to cook, how ironic? It's weird. I could be your pen pal if you want to write letters to me. I'm thirteen though, so you'll be a lot older than me. I want to be a director and actor and writer, but my stupid mom won't let me don't any. She's making me be either a computer technician, professional athlete, or a doctor.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:12 pm
View Likes
RoryLegend says...

Whoa whoa whoa, who says your mom gets to make you be anything???

When one turns eighteen one can legally do whatever they want. It is a perk of living.

For what it's worth I totally support you in your dreams, and think you should go for it. Have you looked into any film schools?
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:18 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Welcome! I like writing letters, too, but I never have anyone to write to. I feel silly writing to people who live in my town because I could just call them on the phone or go over to their house, and I just don't know anyone who lives anywhere else. :P

Incidentally, in the first paragraph, I believe you want "conceited" instead of "conceded."
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:03 pm
powerofthree says...

I hate my life period. Stupid school, stupid family, stupid life. My mom won't let me write or act. My stupid school is discriminating me. Stupid, stupid, stupid. (I just had to type that)

Yes exactly I hate writing to people I could easily talk to on the phone or computer. And I never have a choice for anything in my life at all. It sucks.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality."-Jules de Gaultier

"No man or woman who tries to pursue an ideal in his or her own way is without enemies."-Daisy Bates

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith