z

Young Writers Society

Um...hi!

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:40 pm
Rosalind1776 says...

Hi everyone!
I'm Emily, and I'm from the United States. I just sort of stumbled across these forums today, and I thought it would be fun to be around other people who love to write!
Anthing else you'd like to know? :D

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:50 pm
Meshugenah says...

Not too much, no! Read the rules, be nice, worship me, critique before posting (which is in the rules!), etc.

The big question is, do you have any questions? YWS can be huge, so don't worry about not being able to find something/being confused by anything! I still will look at something and go, "What?"

Anyhoo, welcome to the insanity! And what do you write? Favorite genre to read? Favorite authors? Weird hobbies like balancing rubber frogs on your nose?

If you have any questions, feel free to send 'em my way! Hope you enjoy the site!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:51 pm
Runelord says...

Hi just wanted to say welcome to YWS PM me if u want anything

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:57 pm
Layleun says...

Welcome to YWS Roaslind! It's nice to see people who come here and have no prior knowledge about the site. They give us the best feedback ^.~

You have no idea how fun it is here. We're the most helpful, happiest, civilized bunch you'll ever meet. There might be some crazy one in there (which there are) but they're equally as fun =P

The only thing I'd like to know is whereabouts in the US do you live? If you don't feel comfortable telling then don't! But I usually like to know people's general location and ask them millions of useless questions about where they're from =P Ask my friend Alice. We're... two or three states away from each other and yet I still can think of two or three questions a day at the least. I'm from New York, in case you were wondering. Not New York City though, bleh. I hate it when people act like New York City is the only thing in New York.

Alright, I'm done babbling now. If you ever need anything, PM me. I'll be glad to help you out.

Welcome to the Family,
Lupe

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:57 pm
StellaThomas says...

lol. *worships Mesh* I didn't know that was in the rules, Mesh... :p.

Anyway, she's right. Welcome to Insanity. If you love to write, you're in the right place!! You can call me Stella, your friendly neighbourhood... Stella.

So what do you write? Fiction/poetry? What genres? Me, I write mostly "Other" and Fantasy Fiction, although I dabble in Historical and Romantic too.

And what do you like to read? What music do you listen to? Sport?

Yes. We are secretly compiling files on you to send to the government.

No, I'm totally kidding!

Anywho, the golden rule is that you post two reviews for every piece of your own work. It's just polite, YWS etiquette.

So PM me if you have any questions, or ask the mods (green names) or Greeters (turquoise names), they'll be glad to help you out!

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:06 pm
Rosalind1776 says...

Hi and thanks, all of you. I'll definitely ask if I have any questions. *worships Mesh also* lol

Let's see if I can answer all of your questions at once:
-I live in Western Pennsylvania, in a pretty general, suburban area. I have cousins in NY, actually! They live near Rochester.
-Right now I'm more into writing poetry and short stories, but I'm trying to build up to longer works.
-My favorite genre to read is either fantasy or historical fiction, but honestly, I'll read most anything.
-Some of my favorite authors: Ray Bradbury (I just read Fahrenheit 451 for my school's summer assignment), Mary Hoffman, Arthur Miller (The Crucible was in the same assigment), and Richard Peck. I used to be really into J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter series, but now that that's over, I've been reading lots of other stuff.
-Hobbies: No rubber frog balancing, I'm afraid. :) Besides reading and writing, I'm into other relatively normal stuff, including singing and acting. In terms of the unusual...I can make a few balloon animals! :D
-Music: My MP3 player consists of a massive amount of showtunes, lol. Outside of theater, I like a lot of different stuff, from Taylor Swift to Maroon 5.
-Sport: I used to play soccer, but since I hit high school, it's kind of fallen by the wayside. I like watching most sports, though!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:04 pm
Meshugenah says...

Minions! *glee*

And singing and acting are normal? Never! We're nuts, that's what we are! Right. I kind of dabble in theatre (aka not much) but I love theatre people! And! Oh! SHOWTUNES! *ahem* Forgive me. I'm slightly in love with Broadway.

Also! You be a poet? Most excellent! But really, you should try balancing rubber frogs. *nods*

On watching most sports, does that mean you like following all the Olympic stuff?

Maybe I should just take this to PM! :P
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:24 pm
Rosalind1776 says...

I sent you a PM. :)

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:09 pm
cheese9975 says...

Hey, welcome Rosalind! YWS is a lot bigger than it seems, I've been here for a few months and am still learning my way around. But, it's a lot of fun, everyone here is friendly, funny, helpful, and maybe even a little eccentric. If you need any help feel free to PM me!

xoxo,

Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:17 pm
Merry_Haven says...

Emily-
Welcome!! I do hope you'll enjoy this site as much as I have. You'll have so much fun writing away and meeting new people. I like to read some of your work and review too. Well have fun here!!
-Merry

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake