z

Young Writers Society

Hey Ya'll

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:33 pm
lil DOMINIQUE says...

Hi everyone, my name is Dominique, and I hail from Brooklyn.

Yes, by Brooklyn Black Boy standards, I'm a bit of a dork. But writing is fun, as everyone here understands. I like comedies, and my guilty pleasure is romances. Can't stand to read them, but I enjoy writing them. Other than writing, I love to dance. I've been doing hip-hop since I was nine, but I must say that, while I'm good, I'm nowhere near the best.

My favorite TV show is House, M.D., and my favorite singer is Lil Wayne. I love making friends (yeah that sounds kind of weird), and I get a feeling that I'm going to have a wonderful time here at YWS :)

--Peace out, ya'll--
~*sTaY hOoD -- sTaY rEaL -- sTaY fReE*~

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:59 pm
Twit says...

House ftw.

:D

Ew, romance. Do you like to write in any other genres?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:04 pm
Emerson says...

Hey there Dominique! Awesome name.

I hope you find the site to your liking, and if you need any help or can't find something on the site, feel free to PM me! And, you're probably reading the wrong kind of romance! Some Romance is so horrible, filled with lots of bad writing. We have a lot of good romance on this site - you should hunt through it. Comedy is also a great genre. And, dorks? Dorks are cool.

House is a great show. Excited for the new season? ;-) Again, I hope you enjoy the site! And if you do have a question, don't hesitate, and send me a message.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:14 pm
Rydia says...

Welcome! It's lovely to meet you =)

I've recently started writing a little romance and I've always enjoyed to read it so feel free to send a pm my way if you'd like a critique on some work when you've got around to posting it.

Enjoy the site and feel free to tell us more about yourself or pm me with questions,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:25 am
TNCowgirl says...

Howdy!!

I'm TN, I hail from TN. :D. Nerds are cool, course half of us could probably be classafied as a nerd. Oh well,

Welcome to YWS! I"m bias towards this site sense it is the BEST site on the internet. If you have any question or need someone to talk to, I'm always availible. Join the olympics too. :D

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:53 pm
Adnamarine says...

Oh Em Gee! *sarcastic* I love House!!! (and that wasn't sarcastic) :D

And New Yorkers ftw!!!!! Of course, I'm not from the city. I've never even been to the city! But still, I'm New Yorkian through and through;)

Haha, romances, your guilty pleasure. That's kinda funny (=

Uh oh... *says mentally "likes to make friends"* Creepy stalker dude on our hands?! Just kidding... I think. Seriously though, no. That's great! Unless a person anthropophobia, I think there are few who don't like to make new friends :) Friends are in abundance here, so you should enjoy yourself.

If you want to jump right into things, you should check out our Writer Olympics! (click link at the top of the page that says, incidentally, Writer Olympics). We have an event for each day, and you don't have to compete in every one, just whatever you want to do. All the rules are there, so take a look :)

So, I guess there's not much else for me to say but, Welcome to YWS!!!!!!!!!!!

*ADNA*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:55 pm
ldsprincess says...

lil DOMINIQUE wrote:Hi everyone, my name is Dominique, and I hail from Brooklyn.

Yes, by Brooklyn Black Boy standards, I'm a bit of a dork. But writing is fun, as everyone here understands. I like comedies, and my guilty pleasure is romances. Can't stand to read them, but I enjoy writing them. Other than writing, I love to dance. I've been doing hip-hop since I was nine, but I must say that, while I'm good, I'm nowhere near the best.

My favorite TV show is House, M.D., and my favorite singer is Lil Wayne. I love making friends (yeah that sounds kind of weird), and I get a feeling that I'm going to have a wonderful time here at YWS :)

--Peace out, ya'll--

House is amazing!

Hope you like it here!

Kat
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

"While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."
— Albus Dumbledore