z

Young Writers Society

Hi, there!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:52 am
Kisonakl says...

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Seems like a cool place. I've already read some awesome work here. I mainly write sci-fi, and I'm working on a novel now for fun. I'm choosing between two titles: "The Millionth Run" and "And God Said Unto Jacob."

I count among my influences LOST, some works of Stephen Baxter, George Orwell, and Robert C. Wilson. I'll be a high school senior in the fall. :)

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:07 pm
Alainna says...

Hello there and welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the really helpful stuff under the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu - rules etc. You can also always pm me if you need anything at all (although I'm going away soon, in which case pm any other member who you find friendly or a person with a light blue name - they're greeters).
You may also want to take a look at the Buddy System.

I like the first title 'The Millionth Run' and I don't even like Sci-fi. Maybe you can turn me?

Ah, I used to be a fan of LOST (until it was sold to Sky in England and we no longer got it on the TV service we use...) and I liked 1984 by Orwell.

Anyways, all the best with that novel and I hope you like it here!

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:22 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey there Kisonakl! Congrats on the user name that I can't pronounce :)

Well, I'm Stella, you'll see me hovering around the fiction forums. Though weirdly not the sci-fi ones... it's not that I don't like it, just I like other stuff more. But if you feel low on critiques, tell me and I'll lend a hand :D.

So apart from what you write and your influences, what else do we need to know? What music do you like? Sports? Where in the world do you live?

Here's hoping you stick around!

-Stella ;)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:54 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

I am not much of a sc-fi reader unless it has romance. i am a Romance freak.

anyways, welcome to YWS. if you need anything, feel free to PM me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:26 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiyas Kiso!!! (don't mind if I call you that, what?)

To be honest, I'm not the most fond of sci-fi... although, the only really sci-fi book I've ever read I adore. Ever read Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card? Incredible book. I think you'd like it. And I loved Lost. I'm assuming you meant the show? I say loved because I only saw the first few seasons... I know. It's too bad, what.

And you're writing a novel (: Wicked. Care to tell us a bit about it? The two titles both sound really... unique, and cool, and interesting. I'm terrible at coming up with titles. You, on the other hand, sound like you've got it down pat and then some, eh?

I see you've already got the two review, no need to coach you on that rule. Might I assume that you also already know that we also need to keep doing at least two reviews for each bit of work we submit? Well if not, now you do know.

You don't seem to have a habit for doing this, but I'd also just like to say, don't use chatspeak. Not only is it a rule-- come on, we're writers, no?-- but some people just might bite your head off ;) People who are generally perfectly pleasant.

So have fun (: Oh right, one more rule. If you need anything at all, if you're the slightest bit confused, or want to find something, or want a review, you must come to me (;

Welcome to the Crew man

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:46 pm
Meshugenah says...

Scifi and Orwell! *steals*

I mean... no, actually, that's exactly what I mean! Scifi wins! And if you have any questions, just hunt me down!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:46 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey! How are youuuu? Welcome to YWS, the most addicting site you'll ever meet. ;) How are you? er... I've already asked that.

Sci-fi's flippin' fun to write, huh? I've written a little bit, and every time I do, I have a blast. I hope you post some of your work! I'll read it. BUT! before you do, please critique 2 other things. And then you can post it. :)

If you have any questions, just chuck me a PM.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:44 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there!

Welcome to the Young Writers Society!

Okay, first please read the rules and the FAQ. This will surely help you a lot. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before you post anything else. WE are very strict about rules so please do not break them!

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me!

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan