z

Young Writers Society

Hey people!

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:54 am
[deleted3] says...

So people write what they want on here, and people review it if they want? The names Victer, with no O, haha, you have no idea how many people ask me that. "So you're telling me it's Victer without an o, that's odd." Yes, it really is odd, but that's my name, and really if you met my parents (who are extremely odd) then you would no longer question why my name is spelled Victer. I figure my parents and the like are the precursor age group to parents naming their kids Apple and all that other junk. Anyways I'm not that experienced with people reading my stuff, but have been writing for a few years, so I figured that it's about time I have people read some stuff to see if I'm even good at this writing stuff. 'Cause it's pretty hard to figure that out reading your own stuff. Hope to meet a lot of interesting people on here, as I can't imagine anyone who dares dabble in writing is uninteresting- is that a word? haha.

Also, I don't know much about the site, so some helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Victer

Random avatar

Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:55 am
[deleted3] says...

Oh and I'm not 24. I made a mistake on that and don't know how to change it.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:51 pm
Rydia says...

Hey there Victer, nice to meet you! It looks like someone's changed your age to 18 for you? So no problem there =) I'm Heather and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to pm me but for now, welcome to the site. And yes, this is a place to post your writing and give and receive critiques but be sure to write at least two reviews for each piece of your own you post.

I hope you enjoy the site! Feel free to tell us a little more about yourself and your hobbies,

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:58 pm
Alainna says...

Heya Victer and welcome to YWS!!

You may want to check out the Help & support tab on the drop down menu - it has loads of helpful stuff in it. You can also always pm me if you need anything at all - I'm happy to help. (Although I go on holiday on Monday, so I wont be checking my pm's! from then)

What do you write? Favourite book?

YWS is great for seeing how strong your writing is - and improving.

All the best,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:48 pm
LilSarahBreezy says...

Hi Victer! Welcome to YWS, I hope you have a wonderful time here. Everyone here is very sweet, and I'm sure no one would have a problem with answering any questions you might have (and that includes me). I see you have already made nineteen reviews-- good for you! A lot of new members don't put out reviews before they enter their own work (which is a "no-no").

So I hope you have a great time hanging out here, and I look forward to reading your work.

Much love,
Juno xoxo
Be My Love And Race The Dream Together ♥♥♥

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:17 pm
Swottielottie says...

Hello Victer!

That's kind of funny, because my favourite boy's name is Victer/Victor (I don't mind :D).

Anyway, what kind of stuff do you write? Poetry? Fantasy? Non- Fiction?

I won't nag you about posting two reviews before your first piece of work because you've already written 22!

If you need any help, just PM or ask one of the Moderators.

See you around!

Charlotte

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:04 am
Adnamarine says...

Hey Victer! Call me odd, but I actually rather like that spelling better. So, welcome to the crew. We're a good bunch, if I do say so myself.

So you said you haven't had much experience with showing people what you write. So, do you not show it to your family much? Or were you not counting them? When I first came here nobody had ever seen any of my writing. This place encouraged me in my writing a lot.

I see you've already been really busy reviewing and such! You've sure jumped into things, and that's really great (= Might I then assume you don't really need any assistance? Just the same, if you ever do need any, send me a PM (: Or you could just PM me anyway, if you want to. Need of assistance is not a prerequisite;)

Oh, and yes, uninteresting is a word. No worries there, what. That means you must be interesting, doesn't it, eh? :D In that case, I look forward to getting to know you better. Glad you found us!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:17 am
Theo Hart says...

I figure my parents and the like are the precursor age group to parents naming their kids Apple and all that other junk.

Ah, Chris Martin and his questionable choices pertaining to the naming of his progeny...

Anyhoo, welcome! I'm a newbie here as well, and have found a very warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Additionally... *takes a peek at the post count* O-o

Oh my. You're quite quick, methinks.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:42 am
Monki says...

Hi, Victer! Dude, I love your name. Lmfao. Actually, in a short story I wrote, the character's name was actually Victer - with no 'o'! That's pretty cool, no? :D

Well, I figured everyone's already told you all about the 'rules' (they really aren't rules, per se, more like guidelines). So, let's just chat!

Apple. XD I thought that was hilarious. Maybe Chris Martin is just... a very, very misunderstood man. There must be meaning behind his madness in naming children. XXD

So, what genres to you mainly write? Favorite book?

<3,
Monki

P.S. I know everyone's bombarded you with welcomes, but you should know that if you don't feel comfortable PMing all those crazy people *points finger at people that posted before me*, you can always PM me with questions or if you just want to chat. :)
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Random avatar

Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:46 am
[deleted3] says...

My favorite book is either Hocus Pocus by Vonnegut or for the more serious side probably As I lay dying by Faulkner.

I write all sorts of stuff, but I find that my best talent is humor. I write short fiction humor, but I also write some non-fiction and poetry (two genres I'm not to sure about with myself) so that's why I've been mostly posting that stuff on here, to see what people's reactions are!

So far I've enjoyed the site a lot. Lotta cool people out there and I've found that I really do enjoy reading other people's stuff. I'll have to be honest when I first came on this site I was a bit skeptical about that, but that has been brushed aside.

Yeah I don't know about Chris Martin, well see. The name though, it seems to me he tried just a little too hard to be charming and original. But I guess Apple does kinda grow on you, and Apple is definitely not a code striper name, or at least one that I've heard, so at least his daughter has that going for her name.

I'm not the biggest Coldplay fan in the world, b/c I'm a huge Radiohead fan and Tom Yorke doesn't have very many kind words for the band as musicians... but I still like one of their early albums, I think it's Parachutes, really good.

Anyways thanks for all the welcomes, and I've been reading some of your guys' stuff already and am looking forward to reading everyone's who posted in here.
Victer

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:08 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey, Victer,

Welcome to YWS.

if you have any problem, feel free to pm me or any of the other color people(blue, red, greens).

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:05 am
RoryLegend says...

Hey I see no problem with your name. I have heard worse. Here are some actual real life as in someone-named-their-child-this names:

Pilot Inspector
Rainy Meadows
Kal-El
John Bytheway (although I don't think last names count)

And there are countless others that are worse. Consider yourself blessed. My name isn't all to spectacular either.

Anyways welcome to YWS! woot woot...happy dance...yada yada yada

Now don't forget...before you post anything review at least two other things. Keep a 2:1 ratio.

That is a really important rule

I advise you to take a look at the writing Olympics..I have had fun with them...

Finally...PM if you ever need anything...I'm here for whatever.

--Rory Evelyn Legend
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill