z

Young Writers Society

enchanté

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:58 pm
lady lazarus says...

Hello!
My name's Brandi.
I've been a member here before, a looooooong time ago, but I didn't do much.
And now I'm back, and this time......I'm actually going to participate. :)
They call it night,
they call it night,
and I call it mine.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:26 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Salve Brandi! (Salve is Hello in Latin) I am SimonCowellLuver but call me SCL for a shorter version.
Well what should I say uh.... Welcome To "The Young Writer's Society"

You have a lot of choices around here well we got groups, activities, YWS Radio and chat (when it works. But right now its down) Also if you want to post stuff please read the rules before you post anything it lets you know what to do.

If you have any questions, Concerns, or even Comments feel free to PM(Private Message) me anytime.

Have Fun! SimonCowellLuver (SCL) :) :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:09 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hi! You were a member here, before? What was your sn, if you don't mind my asking (and can remember!)?

Anyhoo, welcome again to YWS! I don't know how much has changed since you were here last, so feel free to PM me if you have any questions, especially if there's anything you remember that you can't seem to find! Now! What do you write? Poetry? Fiction? Favorite genre?

Hope you enjoy YWS this time around!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:08 am
Jon says...

hey brandi, welcome back to YWS, I'm sure you know the rules already so welcome back!

If you have any questions pm me!

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:25 am
Meep says...

Enchanté, mademoiselle.

No, I don't speak French. S'nice t'meetcha. It's good that you've come back. :)

So, what do you like to write? to read?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:01 am
TNCowgirl says...

Welcome back to YWS! If I understood it all correct.

I'm TNC, TN, or COwgirl, whatever you prefer. If you need anything, then just let me know. I'm always open to talk.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:17 pm
lady lazarus says...

Thank you SimonCowellLuver, thank you Meshugenah, thank you wisemann210, thank you Meep, and thank you TNCowgirl, hahahaaa, I truly appreciate the welcome :]

I honestly do not remember my username. When I tried to log back in after fifty million months of being away, none would work. Soooooo... whoopss

What do I like to write? Poetry and only poetry. My stories are all so horrible and I can't seem to ever get better at writing them.

AND you ask what I like to read? I guess that means I'll just have to give you a list of all the books I've ever read and enjoyed ;]

Lolita (because it IS, of course, the best book ever), Harry Potter, The Time Traveler's Wife, Dracula, Frankenstein, I Never Loved Your Mind, The Poisonwood Bible, The Awakening, Galapagos, The Catcher in the Rye, His Dark Materials, The Paper Wife, Wonder When You'll Miss Me, Witching Hour, Blackwood Farm, Queen of the Damned, The Vampire Lestat, Cry to Heaven (...so yeah, pretty much anything by Anne Rice), Slaughterhouse Five, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, What Happened to Lani Garver?, The Raging Quiet, The Historian, The Bell Jar.................and the list probably goes on forever and ever!!!

What do YOU like to read?
They call it night,
they call it night,
and I call it mine.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:55 pm
Night Mistress says...

Enchante, Brandi.

Welcome back to YWS. You know what to do if you need anything.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:49 pm
lady lazarus says...

They call it night,
they call it night,
and I call it mine.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:22 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hate to be the party pooper, but if you're a girl, it's enchantée, isn't it? :P Anyway, enchantée, madame, et j'espere que vous resterez ici dans YWS! Bienvenue! Ils m'appellent Stella...

My French is dodgy. That was me trying to say "I hope you stay here in YWS! Welcome! They call me Stella..."

Anyway, welcome! Or, you know welcome back :D Me, I'm the opposite of you, I can't write poetry at all (I have tried... and failed, it's in my portfolio). But I do like fiction. I hate to say I've only read Harry Potter and His Dark Materials out of your list, but we're doing Catcher of the Rye in school. As for Sylvia Plath, I don't know if I could manage it... And is there a movie of Queen of the Damned? I remember my friend and I sitting up and watching it once on a school trip. There was nothing else on.

So anyway, céad míle fáilte! (A hundred thousand welcomes in Irish, we seem to be going for the foreign language feel on this thread!)

A bientot!

Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:59 pm
ASH1397 says...

well welcome have fun and learn while you can lots of stuff goin' on here

My names ash! well few headds ups fiction in this place is very popular Ifyou want to go to writing the go down to read and review go to the second page and look for the author name ASH1397 JUST LIKE THAT AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK of it and yes i know i alredy have spelling errors and other junk like that well gotta scoot!

And...at the very top corner where it says Search YWS click on it And TYPE in the name Mario just ;like that and try being friends with him He's nice!!
And just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:24 am
lady lazarus says...

Stella- My French is most likely worse than yours. Actually, my French is probably worse than a lot of people's. And I'm sure that is a result of my French teacher being a psychomaniac and my inability to stay awake in class. But ANYWAYS...

Queen of the Damned IS a movie, and it's horrible! And as for The Bell Jar, I think Sylvia Plath just has a bad reputation for being extremely depressing, but if you're a happy person to begin with it won't be bad. It's a really good book and it actually happened to her, so it makes it so much more real and just...better :]

ASH- Thanks for the welcome. And I'll be sure to check out your writing :]
They call it night,
they call it night,
and I call it mine.

Random avatar

Reviews: 41
Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:15 am
[deleted3] says...

Hey hope you post a lot
Victer

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer