z

Young Writers Society

*insert stereotypical newbie message here*

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:22 am
Amaryllis says...

Hello all, I'm Amaryllis. Call me Ryllie, Amy, whatever you like. I'm new to YWS, obviously, and I'm hoping to get to know some other writers who are just as crazy as I am. I'm working on a novel at the moment, a science fiction novel called Illumina.
"It's my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:25 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Amy!

Welcome to YWS!

First of all, please read the rules and the FAQ before anything else. This'll help you a lot. You've already broken a rule. That rule is you have to make 2 reviews first before posting anything. Please, please do not do it again. WE are very strict about rules so please do not break them.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me. I'd be glad to help anyhow.

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:11 am
Jay says...

Hi Amy! Welcome to YWS. If you're unsure about anything, feel free to send me a PM.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:56 am
rubberduck says...

Hey there!

Welcome to YWS! :)

My name's Max. Please read the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section.
It'll help ya out. ^^

And posting before reviewing two pieces of work is a no no.
(Sorry, fever's affecting my brain. Bleck.)

Oh yes. Please check out the Buddy System! It's on the welcome forum. I'm sure that you'll find it very helpful. ^^

What do you write? I write fantasy. (And recently, dramatic poetry. Oh my.)

Feel free to PM me if you need any help or simply want a critique. :D

Well,
seeya!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:14 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome to YWS!

Most people around here call me Cal. If you need any help or have any questions on YWS or need someone to read something feel free to PM me.

Ta,
Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:11 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hellllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooo Amy!!! What's good? I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. I'm here if you have any questions about anything or you just need a friend. Have a great time here and I look forward to reading your works! Good luck and best wishes. Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:49 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hiya Ryllie! If you were looking crazy people, you found them:) I'm pretty sure we're all certifiably insane;) And we're all addicts. YWS addicts, that is:D Welcome to the ranks.

I see they already mentioned the 2-reviews-before-posting-your-own-writing rule. We have another rule that's related. You need to do at least two reviews for each piece of your own you post.

So you're working on a novel! And science fiction one at that. Those are even more difficult... or, well, they can be. It depends. But good luck. I've tried writing novels, but I could never stick to it beyond a few chapters. Illumina's a pretty cool name for it, by the way. Is science fiction your favorite genre? What else do you like to write?

If you need help with anything, or if you want me to critique something, send me a PM.

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:21 pm
Alainna says...

Hello there Amy and a big welcome to YWS!! *hands out cookies*

Ah, everyone else have covered the important stuff!
If you need anything at all feel free to send a pm flying my way through cyberspace - I'm happy to help/chat/be moaned at etc.

How far along is your book? What do you like to read? Hobbies?

All the best with Illumina and I hope you like it around here.

See you,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:19 am
Amaryllis says...

Ok, first of all, my most copious apologies for the no posting before 2 reviews rule!! *bows for forgiveness* I scurried off right after I read this and made two reviews. And I shall be making more because I do want to post my own stuff. Thanks for letting me know about the rule, though, I went and read the FAQ/Rules.

Science fiction is definitely my favorite genre, along with thrillers (but the two can coincide). And because of my obsession with thriller novels, Dan Brown is practically my idol.
I'm about 3 or so chapters into Illumina, but I'm mostly working on character profiles and whatnot (and other things like maps and plot info and other random oddities) at the moment.

Other than Scifi/thrillers, I write random poetry as well (I'm not going to put it in a genre because all my poems are different). But my book is my main forte. I'm also working on a murder mystery that takes place in a theater, called Behind the Curtain.

Okays, I'm finally done rambling!

Randomly yours,
Ryllie
"It's my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:23 am
TNCowgirl says...

Welcome to YWS. My hello won't be as flattering as some of the others are. But just the same I would like to welcome you to YWS>

SO welcome. If you need anything just pm me and I"ll help. Also if you want someone to talk to or to read over your work also pm me. But if you want a crit I'll do it after summer, I'm really busy now.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:33 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hola Amy Welcome! To YWS of course! I don't know really what to say because everyone practically said it all ready. Well I am SimonCowellLuver and I love to write poems. What do you like to write?
I wrote a couple of short stories.

Well welcome anyway. If you need any help pm me anytime.:)

SCL (SimonCowellLuver)
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

You are all the colours in one, at full brightness.
— Jennifer Niven, 'All the Bright Places'