z

Young Writers Society

-insert witty greeting here-

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:39 am
lastsummerhero says...

Hi. :]
Erm, yes. I'm Sarah. I'm eighteen years old. Pretty stoked about finding this site because I've been searching around for forever for a writing site. I mostly do fantasy, the oxymoron of realistic fiction, and music reviews, but I dabble around in other genres, too. I'm going into journalism at college this year (woot woot), and would pretty much love to work for Alternative Press magazine. I love bad movies! I have a serious obsession with music and photography and writing. Other than that...talk to me. I love talking to and meeting new people. :D :D.

So yeah. HI. :]

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:29 am
Adnamarine says...

Hello Sarah! I'm glad I get to be the first to say hello, and welcome. There are so many people just jumping at the chance to greet our newcomers:) I'm very glad you found us.

Fantasy is one of my favorite things to read. Do you write it more in short story form, or are you one of those brave and persistent number who've tried their hand at novel writing? (Word around the street is that some of those people have actually finished them, wonder of wonders! I am not one of them;)

I love music also. And movies. But what in heaven's name do you mean by bad movies? You enjoy watching bad movies? Or maybe you just enjoy picking on them:) I have to say I enjoy that myself, though I can't say I go looking for them.
Is that what you meant by 'I love bad movies'?

I suppose, being the first to say hi, I should tell you a couple things about the site. We're generally quite relaxed and not picky, but we do have just a couple rules. No chatspeak of course, seeing as we're all writers of course. Also, before you post any of your writing you need to do two reviews for other people. After that you should keep a 2:1 ratio (reviews:your own writing posted). That's pretty much it.

So have fun here, meeting everyone and checking everything out. If you have any questions, let me know!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:56 pm
Alainna says...

Hola Sarah and welcome to YWS!! *hands out muffins*

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the Help & Support tab at the top of the page - it's got loads of helpful stuff in it. The Buddy System is very helpful if you'd like someone to show you around and help you with your posts.

Also, always feel free to pm me - I'm happy to help!

Bad movies? As in trashy chick flicks? I love Dirty Dancing (even though it is a bad movie). 'I carried a watermelon'. XD

Well, all the best with your fantasy writing and I hope you like it here - I'm sure you'll find YWS as addicting as I do. :D

See you about,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:43 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Hey Sarah,

Welcome to YWS!!!! This is probably one of the best writing sites around so you should have a blast. All the people here are really nice too. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do.

If you need anything just message me.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:46 pm
Emerson says...

Hullo Sarah! You sound like fun. Welcome to the YWS! Hopefully you will find it to your liking. If you need help finding something or have a question about the site, go right ahead and send me a message!

What books do you like to read? And music to listen, and movies to watch? Hee hee, I want to learn everything! Hopefully I'll see you around more often. Enjoy!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:20 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey, Sarah!

If you need anything, let me know. okay?

I am going into college this year too. I am a computer Science Major.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:38 am
lastsummerhero says...

Haha, thanks everyone. :]

MUFFINS! :D

I try my hand at both short story and novel writing, right now I'm working on two novels. :]

Bad movie wise...I love bad vampire movies. The really cheesy ones that everyone hates, I totally love. Not so much the chick flicks, but definitely bad horror movies. Musicwise, I love almost anything.

But thank you all so much for the crazy warm welcome! Hopefully I'll be seeing y'all around a lot. :]

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:40 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Sarah!

Welcome to YWS!

Tis an AWESOME site so you will surely enjoy!!

But first of all, please read the rules and the FAQ. It will help you out a lot. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your works. We are very strict about this rule and as well as the other rules so please do not break them.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Wow, journalism? That is so AWESOME. And your avatar is so HOT. No, Jensen IS so hot.

SO, see ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

Perfect kindness acts without thinking of kindness.
— Lao Tse