z

Young Writers Society

Yola...A little help

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:44 pm
animedreamer13 says...

Hi, I'm Lily and I kind of need help on how this site works. A friend suggested this for me. I'm thirteen years old, and I love to just write.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:15 pm
Alainna says...

Hey Lily and a big welcome to YWS!!

Basically YWS runs on a system of reviewing and posting. For every two reviews you do, you can then post one of your own pieces. If you want more general info on the site, then check out the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu at the top of the page. It has loads of important stuff under it, like the rules and a Help & Support Wiki.
You can also pm me (just click pm me! at the bottom of this post) if you have any questions or want anything at all - I'm happy to help.

So, what do you write? Your favourite book?

All the best,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:39 pm
Emerson says...

Hello there! What about the site is confusing you?

Alainna covered the basics of YWS but we have a lot more than that! There's the chat, and the blogs, and the usergroups, and story books... there is so much to YWS. But try not to be too overwhelmed! And if you do get confused and lost, you can PM me or anyone else in green. Or anyone in Blue, too. The greens are moderators, and the blues are greeters! We all try to help new members and make them feel comfortable.

Like Alainna suggested, I think checking out the help wiki would give you more of a clue on how things works around here! It's pretty big, and you can find almost any topic relating to YWS. But again, if you have a question, just PM me.

Hope you enjoy the site!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:31 pm
Adnamarine says...

'Ello there:)
Is there anything specific confusing you?

'Lainna and Suz told you about the helpful stuff, and a lot of the great stuff we have here. As you can see by my blue name, I'm an official greeter, so is 'Lainna, and Suz is one of our brilliant instructors. Obviously.

A couple rules I should maybe let you know about (although you'll probably run into them in the Help and Support section), are first of all that you need to write to reviews (critiques of people's writing) before you post your own stuff. And then after that, you should keep a 2:1 ratio of reviews versus your own writing posted.

So how'd you find us? What kinds of stuff do you like to write, and read, and do?

If you're still confused about anything, or just want to chat about whatever, send me a PM (private message; click the 'PM me!' button beneath my message)!

I look forward to seeing you around the site. Good luck, and again, welcome!

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:44 pm
animedreamer13 says...

Thank you so much! You guys have been a good help

I'd been posting my stories on another site, and this girl suggested this website for me, so I decided to join.

I don't exactly have like a genre in which I write in. I write, like romance, action, adventure, mystery. Basically, when I get an idea, I just jot it down and then I guess, that's where it all starts.

When it comes to books, I'm a big mystery fan. I love the Twilight series! I like books like that, but I try to read all kinds of books to sort broaden my knowledge.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:34 am
Jay says...

Hi Lily! Welcome to YWS. If you've got any questions, feel free to sent me a PM.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:47 am
Night Mistress says...

hey, lily!

if you anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi