z

Young Writers Society

Hey!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:36 pm
View Likes
Faithe says...

I'm Faithe. Not my real name, but part of a tentative pen name. And I'm new.
I am so confused. I have no idea what I'm doing. The internet confuses me. :D
I came here from another writing site. The one I used to be on was my first ever; I LOVED it, and was there for a little more than 3 years. But then the moderator changed, and the site is horrible now. So bad, I left to look for a new site. Could this be it?

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hi Faithe!!!! Welcome to YWS;)

I think Faithe would be very pretty as part of your pen name. I've always wanted to have a pen name, but I'm far too picky to ever come up with one I'd be satisfied with:P

And in answer to your question "could this be it?", I give you a resounding YES! Due to the hard work of our wonderful and revered admin, one Nate Caldwell, this is the most brilliant writer's site ever to be created. I'm sure you'll find yourself right at home in no time. Everyone here is super friendly and helpful, and of course, we're all writers, ready to jump at the opportunity of giving you any advice you could need.

I'll try to give you some basic ideas as to how to get around here, since you said you're confused. Firstly, a couple helpful things to look at are the FAQ, and Help and Support section (tab at the top of the page).

To post your writing, or review other people's, click the Writing tab at the top of the page. Reviewing other people's work is one of the way you can earn points. You spend the points posting in certain sections, and posting your own writing.
We have a rule that before you can post your own writing, you need to do two reviews. It is also the policy here that you keep a 2:1 ratio of reviews versus your own writing posted.

We have usergroups, kind of like clubsm which you can look at under the Community tab. We have a chatroom which you can enter after you have 25 reviews (the link to it will be on the home page). For all kinds of writing advice you can go to the Writer's Corner in the Community section, and Nate posts updates about the site in The Information Desk, also in the Community Section.

I hope that helps out! I am extremely confident that you'll find this a wonderful replacement to your former, now-turned-sucky writing site.

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:02 am
TNCowgirl says...

Hey!!!

This site is AMAZING! It is the best I've seen out of all the ones I've been to. It seems that everything you should need to know was just told to you. So if you need anything further then that just pm me and I"ll try and help. :D

Welcome again to the site! You'll love it.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:00 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Yes this sure is it!!

Hi! I'm Mizz Iceberg! Welcome to YWS! The site may seem very confusing at first but I'm sure you'll get get comfortable pretty soon. Most of us are friendly and willing to help. So if you ever have questions or need any help PM me or anyone with their names in green (moderators) or in blue (greeters).

Remember don't hesitate to ask for help. After doing two reviews of someone else's work get started on posting on yours but try to keep the ratio of reviews to your own writing posted 2:1 as Adna has already mention.

It would be a good idea to check out the FAQs and check out the help and support section. Or maybe just browse around the site and explore!

This definetly one of the best writing site for young writers. To me it's THE best.

So what do you like to other than writing? Favourite hobbies? Favourite music? Food?
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:15 pm
blacktiger3915 says...

Hi! I'm Brooke aka blacktiger. If you have any questions or just need a friend I'm here for you. Have a great time here and I look forward to reading your works. See you! Peace 8)
Don't send sheep to kill a wolf.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 pm
Sapphire says...

Welcome to the site, Faithe! That would be a pretty pen name.

YWS is brilliant, so hopefully it will become your replacement site. :) Adna covered everything so I'll just say I look forward to reading some work of yours!

Lauren
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 pm
Meep says...

I'm with the others: this is "it." I am old and I have been on a bajillion forums (no, really) and this is easily top three, probably even the best. There's never been any major drama that I've seen, the reviews are friendly and, more often than not, helpful and it's generally a great place to be.

(I sympathize with your loss of your last forum to an admin/mod change. Been there, done that, and it almost always turns out bad.)

There are lots of handy and helpful things to help you get acquainted with YWS. In addition to the ones I've mentioned, there's also the Buddy System, which you are free (but not required) to check out.

So, Faithe, what kind of things do you like to write? to read? to do when you're not writing or reading?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:25 pm
Alainna says...

Hey and welcome to YWS!!

I'll just echo the others....you have found the best young writers site there is. If you ever need anything then feel free to pm me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

What do you write? Books you like?

All the best and I hope you do like it here.

See ya,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 pm
Emerson says...

Hello!

I'm sure everyone else have covered things pretty thoroughly! If you find yourself lost, or need help with something, don't hesitate to PM me or anyone else in green - we're the moderators!

I hope you do sick around to YWS. We may all be incredebly biased, but this is an amazing site. ;-)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:21 pm
Faithe says...

Wow, thank you everyone! I'm already becoming a bit more familiar with how to get around, thanks to all the help :D I really appreciate all of it!
In answer to your questions, I write fantasy and occasional fiction, mainly short stories, and currently, a novel-in-progress. I read fantasy and fiction, sometimes historical fiction, but not much else. I don't have very broad horizons (: Writing is my passion, so outside of that, school, friends, and church life, I don't do much else. Oh, I run. And I'm trying to teach myself to play guitar. It could be going better :/

Anyway, thanks again, and I look forward to learning more about YWS (:

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:15 am
Jay says...

Welcome to YWS Faithe! In the short time I've been here, I've found the members here to be extremely friendly and helpful. I'm also pretty Internet-illiterate but if you need help with anything send me a PM.

life is so much better with tater tots
— AilahEvelynMae