z

Young Writers Society

New personnel!

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:58 am
Evaeva says...

Hey! My nave is Alice and I am a new member...
I am not really used to forums so get slightly confused about how to find my way around the sight but I'm sure I'll get used to it!
I write mainly poetry or poetry prose about nature and stuff. I'm not sure what it is really but anyway, hope you like it!
I have written a couple of stories but only the short ones really turn out ok...I hope...
I am also a musician, I love singing and do a LOT of it. Passed my grade 8 with merit last term so really pleased with that.
Hope you like my writing and please write reviews!
xxx
Alice

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:53 pm
gamechanger10 says...

Hey, welcome to YWS, Alice!

The forums may seem confusing when you're new, but after a couple days it's simple to get around easily.

If you need any help or have questions about the site, just PM (private message) me.

Hope to see you around YWS!

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:06 pm
Evaeva says...

Thanks!
Already beginning to get used to it just at first i was scared of posting in the wrong places and stuff!Ah well!
xxx

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:41 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! I'm not really good at critiquing poetry, but short stories I can do. lol. I'm Jamie. Nice to meet you Glad your figuring everything out!

Pm me if you have any questions!

Jamie

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:13 pm
Alainna says...

Hola Alice and welcome to YWS!!!

I'm Alainna *waves* and you can just pm me if you need anything at all - crit, help or a chat - I'm generally lurking about. You may want to check out the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu at the top of the page. It's very useful.
If you would like someone to show you about properly, critique your work and generally help you out, you should check out the Buddy System.

All the best and I hope you like it around here. Have a good summer!

Alainna
xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:53 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Music is <3! :)

Don't worry if you have difficulty navigating. I've been hanging around for, what, a month now? Two? And I still don't know most of the site. I just kind of skim around discovering things.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:15 pm
Monki says...

Hey Alice! My name's Monki, Mel-Mel, Melissa, Missy, Missa, Gremlin, Gremlinita. What ever you want to call me. :) (My real name's Melissa.) ^ ^

I'm so happy that you chose to join YWS! It's a really awesome website if you're into writing. I kind of fell in love with it after two days of lurking the site non-stop. Ha ha. :oops:

Well, I don't believe anyone mentioned this, but we have a 2-1 ratio; meaning for every work you post, you should review at least two works of other peoples. :) Just a little reminder.

It would also be a good idea if you checked out the 'Help and Support' tab at the top of the screen if you have any questions or need any help. If your question isn't answered there, then you could PM (private message) one of the mods (people with green usernames) or anyone, for that matter, with a colored name (blue, purple, green, red, etc..). Navigating the site will definitely be a lot easier if you read the 'Help and Support' section.

Don't worry. You will absolutely love YWS and all of it's inhabitants! Lol. I doubt anyone could love it as much as I do! But, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it and appreciate everything it has to offer.

Glad you could join us and welcome to the family that we call YWS!

<3,
Monki

P.S. PM me if you ever need any help at all.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:41 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey Alice!!!! I hope you don't stay too confused about everything here. If there's anything I can help you with, let me know. I know I felt a little lost when I first got here, but there were, of course, dozens of lovely people clamoring for me to let them help:D

Another poetry writer! Yay! That's my favorite thing to write, and review. But I also, like you, do write short stories. I tried my hand at novel writing a couple times and... bleagch, not my thing, much as I wish it were. So anytime you want a review, let me know!!!!!

I'm a musician and sing too:) It's great. And congrats on passing with merit! Good job:)

Make sure you check out or storybook forum, our usergroups, and our chatroom! (the chatroom after you have 25 reviews).

So have fun falling in love with this place. It's inevitable, trust me:)

*adna*
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:45 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Alice!

Welcome to the AWESOME Young Writers Society!!

Okay, I've already mentioned that YWS is AWESOME, but before lurking into its AWESOMENESS, please read the rules and the FAQ first. This will help you access its AWESOMENESS easier. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your work. We are very strict about this rule and as well as the other rules so please do not break them.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me.

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:26 am
Amaryllis says...

Hey! I'm Ryllie. I like to write about nature too, and I like poetry! Nice to meet you!
"It's my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
— Voltaire