z

Young Writers Society

Annoying Conversational Habits

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:09 am
Kagerou453 says...

Ughhhh! I talk so frickin' much! And it's not even an interesting kind of talking, like storytelling. Whenever I talk about something, I always have to give an example. ALWAYS. It's also always a lengthy, detailed, descriptive example that takes 500 years to read before I can bring my point across.

I mean, there is a particular reason. I'm not good at explaining things in words. The best way for me to express what I think is to draw on something that parallels that idea I'm trying to bring across, but when I do that I turn into Charles Dickens: long-winded and circling around the point for an eternity before I finally touch down, as if I'm getting paid by the word.

I just wrote three posts, and in every single one of them I took up AT LEAST three paragraphs just giving an example of what I mean.

<=;((((((((((((((((( I hate not being good with words. And I'm a storyteller! GAH! That is absolutely horrible in the most ironic of ways! *cries*
Life will throw punches at you. You can either sit there and throw a tantrum, or you can get back up and keep on walking.

<(^.^<) ~ (>^.^)> ~ <(^.^<)

Random avatar

Reviews: 64
Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:02 am
Yatta! says...

No, I'm not good with words either. First, I tend to go straight to the point, then have to circle back and explain what i just talking about. It's a killer, especially to jokes, but you can usually see me circling back and adding stuff in excessive P.S's I once used a P.P.P.P.P.P.P.P.S with my mom. Talk about brutal.

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights