z

Young Writers Society

HELLOOOOOOOOOO!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 pm
Hollieberry says...

Hi, my name's hollieberry and I found this site while looking for somewhere where I can talk to fellow writing enthusiasts. There seemsto be an awful lot going on around here and I was just wondering if anyone could give me a tour of the place and generally tell me how things work. I'm going to look round myself now but I'd be really grateful if someone could give me a hand. :D

p.s. I touch-type so I will apologise now in advance for all my future typing mistakes - lol!
I try to capture the world in my words but it keeps on escaping me ...

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:35 pm
gamechanger10 says...

Welcome to YWS, holliberry!

First I should tell you that here at YWS, it's a rule that you must review 2 other pieces before posting one of your own.
The reviewing/posting ratio if 2:1
So just do that quickly.

I'd love to help you around the site, but I'm not sure that I could help you as much as others.

PM me if you have any questions about YWS.

Hope to see you around the site!

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:28 pm
JFW1415 says...

I'd love to help you out, hollie. :) Below this post are ways to contact me - see the PM? Click that, write to me, and click 'Submit.' Then I can reply, and you'll get a message, and click 'messages' up in that little toolbar! :)

Haha, I kind of love helping newbies. :) You're all so cute!

So! Welcome to the site, PM me for anything, and try not to use all caps in your title again, 'kay? We writers tend to hate all caps. ;)

~JFW1415

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:44 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Hey! It's nice to meet you! If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

One thing to remember is no chat speak and no all caps. those two things are a big no no.

You have to have 25 reviews to get into chat. Try not to post just to post a message. The author tends to get annoyed. Lol.

I think that's all for now. Pm me with any other questions.

Jamie

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:22 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey!!!!! Welcome to YWS, Hollie! How are youuuu? I know that you'll just love it here. YWS is so addicting, it should be illegal.

I'm Jared, BBB, BigBadBear, 3B, or any combination thereof. What's up? Everyone else has already bored you with rules, so I shan't repeat them. What else do you like to write? What's your favorite color? TV show? Movie? Game? Book?

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:02 pm
Avens Dolor says...

Hi Hollie! Welcome to YWS. Here's a link to the rules and a couple of guides/FAQs:
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/rules.php

If they don't answer all of your questions, feel free to PM (Private Message) me. To do this, you can click on the PM button at the bottom of my post. I'd love to give you a tour if you need it. Just let me know what you're having the most difficulties with, or if you just have general questions.

See you around the forums!

Avens

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey there!!!!! Welcome to YWS!!!!! I've been here for a very long time, so it must be good, right? Of course right.

I'm very excited to help you. You must tell me if you need anything. To submit any of your own work, click the Writing tab at the very top of the page, go into the genre your piece is, and then click 'Post New Topic' and fill in your piece.
That is also where you can critique other people's stuff (sorry if any of this stuff seems too obvious or you've already figured it out; I'm not really sure which stuff you need help with). Click on the genre and click on the piece, and then just reply to it.

You can ask questions in the Welcome Forum, where you posted this. Nate, our wonderful, amazing, spectacular, and genuinely perfect admin, posts updates in the Information Desk forum, under the Community tab at the top of the page. That's really where most things are, under that tab. You can find our usergroups there (which you have to apply to join).

We have a chat room that you can enter (the link is on the front page) but only after you have 25 reviews.

Somebody mentioned the review already. Please also abstain from using "chatspeak", idk, b4, etc. And no spamming just to get points (you get points by reviewing people's work). You do not get credit for one line reviews.

So, aaallll of that said, and sorry if this was too lengthy, I'm very glad you found us.

Again, if you need ANY help at ALL of ANY kind at ANY time, please don't hesitate to come to me. I'd be very excited to lend you a hand.

See you around:)

~Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:59 am
Via says...

Hi Hollie!

It appears you've probably gotten all the requests to help that you can handle, so I'll just say welcome to YWS!

What do you like to write?

If you do have any questions, please do feel free to PM me!

Hope to see you around!
-Via
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:27 am
Demeter says...

Helloooo and welcoooomeeeee! ;)

I'm Demeter, and I'm also willing to help you in anything. But this is how we are – super friendly people who adore writing. Not bad mix at all, eh?

Well, it seems like everyone here has stolen my lines, so there's not much for me to do anymore. :)

Just enjoy the site, and remember to PM me if you ever need any help or just, well, feel like it. See you around!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:41 pm
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!!

You touch-type? That's very cool - I'm just learning and it proves to be fairly hard.

Ah, if you would like an actual person to more or less look after you (that sounded a bit strange but you'll see what I mean) then you can view the Buddy System. It's really helpful. You can also pm me if you need anything (or anyone else that has offered!) - I'm always buzzing around and am happy to help!

All the best with your writing and I hope you like it around here.

See you!

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:54 pm
timberM618 says...

Hey yall. I'm new to this writers society gig. i mainly write fiction stories along the lines of harry potter, narnia, and a bunch of my other fav books, so if any of u r in2 that stuff like me, then ull like my stories 4 sure.

If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems